Are you scare of growing old?

lol @ asking sherdog if they are scared of getting old when most of em are already past the due date

n yes. i am

jailbait teen called me sir the other day instead of dude or guy made me feel old, but then this milf called me sweetie as she almost ran me over with her shopping cart

Teach her the meaning of the word "respect"

i'm not. but then i take care of my body, so i haven't felt old as of yet. but yeah, when i look at old photos i can see that my youth is fading. life sucks lol.

It's not a big deal. As long as I can sub people in my age group lol

That said I'm probably going to be broken by 30

Growing old, yes. Death, no. I am definitely more terrified of becoming dependent on others than I am about the concept of death, and the absoluteness and nothingness that comes with it. I don't like asking for favors unless I really need it, and the idea of becoming paralyzed for example truly terrifies me.

Only 30 more years till retirement baby, woo-hoo!

jim-cry-happy.gif

Growing old, yes. Death, no. I am definitely more terrified of becoming dependent on others than I am about the concept of death, and the absoluteness and nothingness that comes with it. I don't like asking for favors unless I really need it, and the idea of becoming paralyzed for example truly terrifies me.

This. I'm a lot more afraid of breaking my neck or back and being in a wheelchair than I am of death.

Why? You live and you die. Crying about it isn't gonna do shit.
Doesn't matter if it "does shit." Doesn't matter if its irrational because its inevitable. What do you really have aside from your body and mind? Guess what, both are probably going to hell decades before you actually die. Your kids are going to see you waste away and you'll end up dependent on other people for the most basic of tasks.

I would argue that if someone has accepted the reality of it then they have nothing to fear.

We all know its coming, that doesn't make it more pleasant when it happens.

Doesn't matter if it "does shit." Doesn't matter if its irrational because its inevitable. What do you really have aside from your body and mind?

Your soul. If a person does not believe this then so be it, but I do. I don't think this death is the end.

Only 30 more years till retirement baby, woo-hoo!

jim-cry-happy.gif

As I said in my post....don't wish away youth in anticipation of retirement. Talk to anyone who is retired and chances are they would trade being young and working with being older and retired any day!

I have accepted the effects of growing old a long time ago and Im very ok with them, Im not one of those people who gets frustrted because he cant run as fast or is not as strong as he used to be, Im very fine with that as Im really not focused on the ego of the physical self.

However since my father started getting sick and the idea of him dying anytime suddenly became part of my life, the entire concept of death has really hit me stronger then it used to. I have started adding my own age and started thinking if I have reached the middle of my entire life, I have started counting how many years I have left to live and those kind of thoughts have started coming to my mind. Yeah sure it is scary to start thinking that way and for those of you who have answered "lighthly" I think its because you are still young enough that those kind of thoughts havent really but I mean REALLY hit your mind.

There really is nothing you can do, but just live your life as happy as you can and try to do good in the world, Im not a religious person by any means but Ive always considered myself a spiritual person who believes in energy and the fact that a higher dimension outside of human reach exists... I just hope to keep growing spiritually so that when the time of my death comes around Im prepared and ready for a next stage of development, whatever it is. Peace

Yeah, I was looking at my pics from when I was in my mid 20s and I ain't as pretty as I used to be.

And I haven't gained weight or lost hair, either. Just more lines in the face. :icon_cry2

As someone close to 40, I can say to the 20 something reading this that unfortunately, the shit "old" people say is true, life goes in a flash.

I still want to do the same things as when I was younger, only to discover my body needs like at least twice the time to recover. Sleep in particular sucks. Sleep deprived when you're getting old = feel like shit. Getting old = light, not restful sleep.
Fuck I'm depressed now.

Yeah, I was looking at my pics from when I was in my mid 20s and I ain't as pretty as I used to be.

And I haven't gained weight or lost hair, either. Just more lines in the face. :icon_cry2

Its like you can almost literally see the residual glow in your skin from regeneration because you were still growing....

Now we're just trying maintain/mitigate degradation

I don't look forward to shitting in a bag, put it that way.

lines aren't bad .. not on men anyways .. being bald and fat are legit strikes though

A nurse once told me that the only reason people die is because they accept their fate. Male nurse.

Back