Are you really sh*****g on Diego?

I'd like to see you take a knee to the forehead like that

Seriously, I guarantee you 99% of the people saying this shit don't even know what it's like to be in a fight or get hit lol - spot on.

Was never a fan but if he’s getting paid double for taking that DQ win I don’t even know what to think he a child(ren?) to support

This whole fight was the best one on the card. Pereira coming out dancing like a jackass, Sanchez strutting around the cage in the beginning like a bird, TWICE sanchez threw a summersault axe kick I don't understand what that even was trying to do, then ends with the second illegal knee of the night and Sanchez gets the W when he was getting his ass kicked the whole time. The whole thing was a ridiculous spectacle and then we got to see a brilliant round 1 KO by Blachowicz.

The card was overall pretty fun tonight tbh

Diego is a real legend of the sport, and since NO ONE can say for certain if he could continue, he did the right thing. That was a big cut after all

Seriously, I guarantee you 99% of the people saying this shit don't even know what it's like to be in a fight or get hit lol - spot on.

It's true. These kids here like to pretend that they are tough for those sweet, sweet internet points.

Diego would have been absolutely insane to turn down a guaranteed win to take an almost guaranteed loss. Dana White is happy to criticize decisions like this but we all know he would be the first guy to do the same.

Diego would have been absolutely insane to turn down a guaranteed win to take an almost guaranteed loss. Dana White is happy to criticize decisions like this but we all know he would be the first guy to do the same.
Yeah lets not forget these men have bills to pay and their health to worry about.

Win money would have me doing the same. That's prize fighting.

To kinda play devil's advocate. What if Diego thought it would go to a Technical Decision? I kinda thought thats what was going to happen for a second.

If that was the case, Diego still would have lost, even with his opponent losing a point. I know this has happened before but I cant think of any examples off the top of my head

And now all that overshadowed, due to his own fault and greed for a cheap win. This now will always be brought up, along side what you wrote.
It is only overshadowed if you are new to the sport. Which means it isn't overshadowed at all.

Hey ufc, stop the fight/win structure and maybe guys keep fighting

If Sanchez is getting this kind of heat, then imagine what Anthony would have gotten for accepting the way out and win against Jones.

He’s a cheap puss who was never elite. People try to hate on the GOAT’s, but the GOAT’s are eons ahead of the rest. It’s not even a game of inches at that point anymore.

No but I'm furious that conman idiot has him fooled into letting him be his coach/manager and take over his whole life. He cant even do a interview without the fucker around. The guy knows he can't let people close because they will expose him. Diego has been pretty much fighting his last 2 or 3 fights with no coaching smh

He has emptied his heart and soul in the octagon like nobody else. You know how some guys have had 2-3 maybe 4 wars and then completely fall off? Diego has had like 15 of them.

Tonight it was clear that he has nothing left, that's all. No shame in that.

Also, he had been getting beat up for the entire fight and the knee that landed was big and caused a cut. I was surprised the ref was asking him so many times. He should've called it off quicker.
I despise people calling fighters cowards, theyre just not, especially when they're beating the piss out each other on live TV in front of millions. That takes some serious balls
Everyone needs to remember it was an illegal blow, a big one at that too, why should he fall on his sword just for the respect of some slob watching from the basement.
Pereira can get stuffed and needs to pull his head in .
Im not a fan of Diego at all but respect to him , he always brings it , even against an opponent who should be in MW.
The guy is seriously unhinged and on a downwards spiral, I feel for the bloke. I dont think hes a man who is making sound decisions at this point of time.

Good for him. He has so many fights but is still getting paid next to nothing for the damage he receives. He did the Diaz, Karo and Riggs fight early in his career for next to nothing. This is a guy who went straight to MMA from high school. He really doesn't have anything else in life. All he knows is MMA and smoking some weed.

all you fighter bashing dipshits need to STFU. the other guy blatantly broke the rules. can you with all honesty say Diego was the same after that illegal knee as before it? so he should have continued fighting, get even more damage than he would have got without the knee, and let the cheater get away with a warning for a blatant fault?

and the worthless mods need to get on this shit. this forum is about the fighters and for the fighters, and all you care about is one user insulting another user, while letting blatant fighter bashing run unchecked? do you job!

I don’t really see the problem here though. (I didn’t see where he was pretending to be noble.)

Like you said, it was the rational thing for him to do.

- He was hit by a blatantly illegal strike.
- That strike hurt him.
- He has already taken damage.
- He REALLY does not need to take additional damage at this point in his career.
- He can probably use the money.

I find it odd that for some reason having an awareness of the rules and using that knowledge to win is frowned upon in MMA/combat sports but generally accepted in other sports.

No one calls a team a bitch for accepting a roughing the passer penalty instead of declining it.

Soccer players fake injuries ALL THE TIME to run time off the clock.

Soccer and basketball players “flop/dive” to get penalty calls (I find this annoying as shit but most fans are pretty tolerant.

I get the theoretical “tough guy etiquette” of continuing if you can continue, but Diego wasn’t going to do anything but take more damage, he had nothing for the guy.

I’m not frowning upon it. I’m just saying that we can stop with the “die in the cage” talk. And frankly that attitude was all Sanchez was bringing to the table at this point.

all you fighter bashing dipshits need to STFU. the other guy blatantly broke the rules. can you with all honesty say Diego was the same after that illegal knee as before it? so he should have continued fighting, get even more damage than he would have got without the knee, and let the cheater get away with a warning for a blatant fault?

and the worthless mods need to get on this shit. this forum is about the fighters and for the fighters, and all you care about is one user insulting another user, while letting blatant fighter bashing run unchecked? do you job!

What do you mean, this forum is for the fighters? What on earth gave you that idea?

Back