Are you really a man if you don’t put together your own IKEA furniture?

Does anyone but poor uni students actually shop at Ikea?

Super rich football stars? Multi-billionaire media families. The notion that IKEA only has cheap crap tells me you’re poor and no idea as to what they offer.

Super rich football stars? Multi-billionaire media families. The notion that IKEA only has cheap crap tells me you’re poor and no idea as to what they offer.

Poor? ...for not buying flat pack shit? suuuure thing buddy.

What if I can put together the computer that you use to buy your IKEA product? What if I can take apart and put together the toilet you use before and after the IKEA product but also can't put together the IKEA product?

Does anyone but poor uni students actually shop at Ikea?

One of the ways I made money in the past was assembling furniture for people in NYC. Unless it's the opulently wealthy types, most tax brackets will buy from there.

Their wood furniture are crap.
Their real wood furniture, from what little I’ve seen, is not good.

But as you would expect they are probably the worlds foremost experts on manufactured wood, like plywood, which are often stronger and more durable than most kinds of real wood. So for practicality, at least I think you can often find many good items.

I have gone There to buy hotdogs.

They were shit.
A friend of mine used to go there almost as a day out she loved it so much. I kept her company once but was only really in it for the meatballs. They were great fucking meatballs. Tried to replicate it a few years later and it just wasn't the same.

There's a saying in the UK "MDF the fucking lot".
Remember that @Tone C I can't remember where it's from though and I don't want to Google swear words at work.

Are you even a man if you live inside ?

Urban camping FTW

Some items can be time consuming like dressers, but over it's not too bad as long as you pay attention to detail. When I think back it makes me realize we've bought a shitload from Ikea. From my experience some items are worth getting with pretty good quality whereas others are pure crap like most made from particle board.

There is actually a sectional couch we may buy from Ikea. Clean lines and pretty comfy. Waiting for the kids to get older and stop jumping on the couch so damn much first.
kivik-sectional-5-seat-corner-with-chaise-orrsta-light-gray__0787627_pe763332_s5.jpg

You are, it’s really not worth it
It all depends on your cost of opportunity. Paying some dude 50€ to get it done has positive value for me vs. wasting even one hour of my life doing so something that I hate.

Back