Are you OK with...

Ariel ceased being a legit journalist when he accepted money for reporting information he was fed by the subject he was covering. Journalists only have their integrity. Once they sell it they never get it back.

Luke Thomas is as much as a legit journalist as skip bayless is. He's an op-ed hack.
Can you explain what you're talking about please? Remember, Zuffa and UFC are "the same company" but FOX is not.

Now go!

Wasn't there just an interview with ESPN published this week?
Yeah and she's done a few big national talk shows and the like. It's the scrums, PCs, sit downs with Ariel, etc. that the UFC is letting her skip. Specifically the 'niche media' that focuses on MMA.

She will only speak to people who won't mention her loss or won't ask hard questions.

Read the ESPN interview. It's entirely about her loss, how she felt about the loss, how she responded to the loss, her motivation in deciding to come back from the loss. The word "loss" is literally the most commonly used word in the article. If you don't like Rousey, that's fine. Many people don't. But we also don't need to just make up shit like she won't answer questions about her loss to Holly Holm. She's discussed it extensively.

Read the ESPN interview. It's entirely about her loss, how she felt about the loss, how she responded to the loss, her motivation in deciding to come back from the loss. The word "loss" is literally the most commonly used word in the article. If you don't like Rousey, that's fine. Many people don't. But we also don't need to just make up shit like she won't answer questions about her loss to Holly Holm. She's discussed it extensively.
Scripted interviews are not the same. You receive the questions beforehand and you're free to use prose, poesy and nursery rhymes to embellish your story. It's not the same as standing there and answering questions.

You know what else? She doesn't have to answer questions she doesn't like! Even if she's there in front of the mic. Is it so hard to say "no comment, next question?" Everybody else does it. Is it too low for sacred Ronda? She doesn't step that low, she's always honest and straightforward?

I don't hate Ronda, I just question her decision and her way of handling things. Damn, 22 years old PVZ has already 2 loss and both times, she came to the post-presser with a smile and a black eye. Of course, she doesn't have the same kind of pressure. But she's driving a media circus by herself at 22 and doing pretty fine if you compare to veteran Bronze-medal Olympian and social Icon Ronda Rousey...

Since you're the authority on good questions, can you enlighten us on what is considered a good question?
Take right now for example, all we have Okimoto's tweets on Cain. Real journos would be explaining the situation, getting all the details they can and diving into this story NOW despite xmas eve, ariel is jewish lol and a fake

I expect only one good article on this days later. I only respect Chuck Mindenhall.

They aren't doing Ronda any favours. This just says to me that the fight game has beaten her...

It seems like she never truly understood the fight game. A guy like Bisping for instance, someone who has been in combat sports since his teens knows how unforgiving it is, hence his persistence...

But Ronda spent most her career in judo before transitioning to an infant, borderline amateur sport in wmma.

Her first real taste of the fight game was Holly, and everything she has done since has been the tell tale sign of someone that shouldn't be fighting.

She's about to get murked badly, and it's a shame nobody close to her has had the guts to give her the Rogan talk. The game has surpassed her.

Take right now for example, all we have Okimoto's tweets on Cain. Real journos would be explaining the situation, getting all the details they can and diving into this story NOW despite xmas eve, ariel is jewish lol and a fake

I expect only one good article on this days later. I only respect Chuck Mindenhall.
I find it hard to disagree with your points. I respect Mindenhall too but I consider the "MMA Beat lineup" to be mostly composed of legit reporters. Maybe not "the best" or "the wisest" but they're legit in the sense that they're serious. They are not trying to mix up comedy or funny podcasts on the side: their own podcast are serious too. They write for serious magazines and, well, they're just more serious than others. That doesn't necessarily make them better but it helps. Love of hate has little do to with it.

For example, I hate Thomas but I have to listen to his breakdowns because I feel I'm missing a lot by avoiding them. I let it play but I don't watch his ugly face.

They aren't doing Ronda any favours. This just says to me that the fight game has beaten her...

It seems like she never truly understood the fight game. A guy like Bisping for instance, someone who has been in combat sports since his teens knows how unforgiving it is, hence his persistence...

But Ronda spent most her career in judo before transitioning to an infant, borderline amateur sport in wmma.

Her first real taste of the fight game was Holly, and everything she has done since has been the tell tale sign of someone that shouldn't be fighting.

She's about to get murked badly, and it's a shame nobody close to her has had the guts to give her the Rogan talk. The game has surpassed her.

Good post. I don't want anything bad to happen to Ronda but they're paving the way to a PR disaster with those "media exemptions."

Last edited:
Back