Are you OK with...

She's has done promo work. She reaches more with her promo work than anyone else on the card.
Good point. It also appears that she WILL be doing some media. She's just avoiding MMA medias. In fact, she's avoiding everyone who ever spoke of her defeat. In good or bad. She will take questions from people who worship her but not from people who criticize her.

In a nutshell, she's playing the diva.

Seems like there's a new Ronda commercial for Metro PCS every few hours, so this is really confusing to me.

The reasons this bothers me is overwhelming, my mind jumps from reason to reason but if I could sum it up it comes down to entitlement and lack of respect.

UFC, MMA, gave her everything. The appearances, the TUF, the platform to turn her bronze medal into something to make her rich, successful and famous. It's the reason these other media outlets will listen to her.

And her own use of these platforms lost her fans. We didn't turn on her, she revealed herself to us. Her actions have made her the bad guy. MMA didn't chose to turn on a loser. We chose to celebrate the loss of a poor character bully.

The suggestion MMA media did anything wrong to Rousey is blood boiling.

The less we have to hear of her the better. Why would anyone be upset about this?

I am still expected recorded promos and hype videos. She is better at this than anything off the cuff. I am not sure why she is being so sheltered.

Don't care, just tells me that she is mentally weak. Can't bear to field any questions about her last fight, and how that might affect her for her next fight(s).

They did it for Conor in the second Nate fight, I don't see what is so strange about the stars getting preferrential treatment.

"waaah i want ronda to retire im so sick of her.....but but how DARE she not promote this event!!!!"

If that's the deal her people made with the UF... her people, then good for her. Who gives a shit anyway. Interviews and media are a waste of time. No offence to the media people who get flown around the world and into events with access on a companies dime.

Ronda's a special snowflake and obviously Dana and upper management realize this too. She's also a draw, so if they want her to fight, they'll need to coddle her.

The reasons this bothers me is overwhelming, my mind jumps from reason to reason but if I could sum it up it comes down to entitlement and lack of respect.

UFC, MMA, gave her everything. The appearances, the TUF, the platform to turn her bronze medal into something to make her rich, successful and famous. It's the reason these other media outlets will listen to her.

And her own use of these platforms lost her fans. We didn't turn on her, she revealed herself to us. Her actions have made her the bad guy. MMA didn't chose to turn on a loser. We chose to celebrate the loss of a poor character bully.

The suggestion MMA media did anything wrong to Rousey is blood boiling.
In her mind, they DID something wrong: at some point, they stopped worshiping her.

Ronda's a special snowflake and obviously Dana and upper management realize this too. She's also a draw, so if they want her to fight, they'll need to coddle her.
Don't bring upper management into this, black bags will start appearing and it will be the dawn of the Apokolypse...

Ronda striking a deal with the UFC to avoid EVERY and ALL media? To my knowledge, this is the first time the UFC goes that far. They were pretty accommodating with Brock but he did show up for his "mandated" interviews and even the post fight presser. I know there were troubles with Tito too but he was not the kind to shy away for the media. So, who else got the "here Princess, don't worry about it" treatment?

Please, don't turn this into a Ronda hating thread. I want to discuss her power: no fighter was ever strong enough to avoid ALL media. To my knowledge, she will be the first fighter to enter a UFC fight without speaking with one reporter or answering one question.

Even our savior Luke "check your white privilege" Thomas thinks it's strange:

Why cap Every and All? It's not every and all media. It's only the mma media she is avoiding and they are complete trash. Most are in it for the credentials to fights. If any of them were any good they'd be covering other sports.

Why cap Every and All? It's not every and all media. It's only the mma media she is avoiding and they are complete trash. Most are in it for the credentials to fights. If any of them were any good they'd be covering other sports.
When I created the thread 2 days ago, that was the rumor. It has been corrected since but it doesn't change the fact that she will be avoiding EVERY and ALL MMA media. She will only speak to people who won't mention her loss or won't ask hard questions. I bet she will give a long smiling interview to Megan Olivi and if we're lucky, we might even get some "behind the scene" footage coming from Karyn Bryan. No way she'll speak to Helwani, Thomas or any other legit MMA reporter.

Your last sentence is just retarded: do all journalists cover the most paying sport? NO! In fact, every sport has its own media circus. It's not because "they're not good enough to cover football" that they go cover BMX. If they're passionate about BMX and do a good job, I don't want them to cover football. They don't want to, either.

Ariel was already covering MMA before going to get his journalist license in Syracuse, did you know that? You'd have to be a Montrealer to be aware of Jarrypark.com...

Last edited:
When I created the thread 2 days ago, that was the rumor. It has been corrected since but it doesn't change the fact that she will be avoiding EVERY and ALL MMA media. She will only speak to people who won't mention her loss or won't ask hard questions.

I bet she will give a long smiling interview to Megan Olivi and if we're lucky, we might even get some "behind the scene" footage coming from Karyn Bryan. No way she'll speak to Helwani, Thomas or any other legit MMA reporter.

You lost me at legit mma reporter. Outside of a scrum when was the last time she did an interview with either of them? Basically avoiding mma media is avoiding scrums. It's not really a big deal, except it shows her petty childishness.

Wasn't she on Conan not that long ago?

You lost me at legit mma reporter. Outside of a scrum when was the last time she did an interview with either of them? Basically avoiding mma media is avoiding scrums. It's not really a big deal, except it shows her petty childishness.

Wasn't she on Conan not that long ago?
Why did I lose you? Is it your opinion that every mma reporter is not legit? Every sport has legit reporters: they're the ones who don't relay rumors until they're confirmed. The ones that can name every single UFC fighter on command. Not only name them: they have talked to them "off the record" and the trust was never broken. Do you have any ida how much compromising info Ariel has on fighters? He never revealed any of it. He went as far as breaking the Lesnar news despite UFC's warning, that's it.

Find me one UFC fighter that was never interviewed by Helwani. Maybe there's one somewhere but you'll have to dig very deep. They might be forced to answer him on fight week but nobody foces them to appear on The MMA Hour. Yet, the show is 3 hours long with 10+ guests every week. Why do you think? Because they trust him not to reveal "off the record" discussions. Ariel is not in a circle jerk with 2-3 big names like FRB. He doesn't relay rumors and he never hates on fighters. That's what being a legit journalist is all about in MMA.

You don't have to collect Pulitzers to be legit, you know?

Why did I lose you? Is it your opinion that every mma reporter is not legit? Every sport has legit reporters: they're the ones who don't relay rumors until they're confirmed. The ones that can name every single UFC fighter on command. Not only name them: they have talked to them "off the record" and the trust was never broken. Do you have any ida how much compromising info Ariel has on fighters? He never revealed any of it. He went as far as breaking the Lesnar news despite UFC's warning, that's it.

Find me one UFC fighter that was never interviewed by Helwani. Maybe there's one somewhere but you'll have to dig very deep. They might be forced to answer him on fight week but nobody foces them to appear on The MMA Hour. Yet, the show is 3 hours long with 10+ guests every week. Why do you think? Because they trust him not to reveal "off the record" discussions. Ariel is not in a circle jerk with 2-3 big names like FRB. He doesn't relay rumors and he never hates on fighters. That's what being a legit journalist is all about in MMA.

You don't have to collect Pulitzers to be legit, you know?

Ariel ceased being a legit journalist when he accepted money for reporting information he was fed by the subject he was covering. Journalists only have their integrity. Once they sell it they never get it back.

Luke Thomas is as much as a legit journalist as skip bayless is. He's an op-ed hack.

Last edited:
Wasn't there just an interview with ESPN published this week?

If the UFC agreed to it, that's their problem. I don't care if she does media. And while I know many will scream about it being a double standard for her with the UFC, again that's their problem.

My only concern is that she literally wanted no contact with MMA media. I can understand wanting it limited, but zero contact? That just doesn't sound like someone who is really comfortable fighting in MMA. Hopefully I'm wrong and it could definitely be a one-time agreement for her comeback, so she can focus, but it makes me wonder why she would insist on this. She did do some big national stuff. We'll see once the fight happens I guess.

Back