Are you OK with...

mentally broken. Nunes is going to fuck her up.

Ronda is represented by the people who just bought the UFC, they probably know the less she speaks the better. Every time she opens her mouth something stupid comes out.

I expect come fight week Ronda is doing media

whatever. She's done talk shows since they announced the fight, filmed a bunch of promo footage, and she'll likely do some of the the open workout/presser stuff the week of the fight too. If the amount of press she was doing last time was seen as a problem, it's not unfair that they give her some leeway this time around.
I disagree. "Nothing" is not leeway. It's nothing: Ronda is doing ziltch. Nada. Going to Helen back in November doesn't cut it. Every other fighter in the history of the UFC has had to do media duty.

Yes, Ronda did a lot from the sport. That doesn't excuse her current demeanor. We are hardcore MMA fans, we don't care. But the little girl who jumped on Ronda's bandwagon before Holly, she's asking questions. Soccer moms who joined the DNB movement must feel betrayed, not being able to even hear their idol. No pictures, no interviews: only promo work (behind closed doors) and soundbites.

Oh, and a glorious hashtag #FearTheReturn

I expect come fight week Ronda is doing media
That's the whole point of my thread: it appears she WILL NOT. No media at all. No interviews, no public training, no signing or anything.

It's still only a rumor but guys like Luke Thomas are relaying it already...

Just shows weakness to me. She is unstable.

idgaf about anything other than people hitting each other.

AM I OK WITH BERNARD HOPKINS FALLING OUT OF THE RING? yes it was funny lol

That's the whole point of my thread: it appears she WILL NOT. No media at all. No interviews, no public training, no signing or anything.

It's still only a rumor but guys like Luke Thomas are relaying it already...
I guess we will see...
but I would be really surprised
if she were to be "relieved"
of all of her responsibilities in this regard.

Yeah, I'm ok with it. In my book, Rousey can do no wrong.

Her absence has been noticed and she will be a huge draw. I see her retiring if she loses though. That being said, I think she will win by submission. War Ronda! I believe in Rousey!

Her absence has been noticed and she will be a huge draw. I see her retiring if she loses though. That being said, I think she will win by submission. War Ronda! I believe in Rousey!
Yes but her absence has also silenced the mainstream media. I know we're not there yet but this is the least promoted Ronda fight in regards to casual viewers. If she's refusing every interview and doesn't even participate in the media circus, I think she will retire win or lose.

I'm still too upset over the change in the post-fight press conference format to even think about focusing on anything else related to MMA media.

I'm still too upset over the change in the post-fight press conference format to even think about focusing on anything else related to MMA media.
Are you serious? Instead of getting ONE presser that lasts 10 minutes (you wait for hours for it), you now have independent pressers with every fighter. Granted, there's a lot of more stuff but this is the internet: put the videos you want to watch in your "watch later" list.

A nice perk is that you can watch a fighter's interview during commercials or breaks between fights.

No. It's poor business and poor character.

I will never pay for a Rousey event ever again.

Not doing MMA media after her loss was one thing, I was willing to accept it. It was her poor character, and part of that is what makes her.. Whatever.

But to miss the promotion for her fight? She would be nothing, a bronze medal barter, or doing every interview under the sun so women can just have the chance to be in Rousey's current position. This is disrespect to every fighter before her, and the entire struggle for MMA to become something greater than it is and was.

This is wildly unacceptable to me.

Suddenly, she's got it all and she's above doing it, or we don't deserve it? I hope MMA takes every drop of confidence from her. I hope this sport leaves her a shell.

Last edited:
No. It's poor business and poor character.

I will never pay for a Rousey event ever again.

Not doing MMA media after her loss was one thing, I was willing to accept it. It was her poor character, and part of that is what makes her.. Whatever.

But to miss the promotion for her fight? She would be nothing, a bronze medal barter, or doing every interview under the sun so women can just have the chance to be in Rousey's current position. This is disrespect to every fighter before her, and the entire struggle for MMA to become something greater than it is and was.

This is wildly unacceptable to me.

Suddenly, she's got it all and she's above doing it, or we don't deserve it? I hope MMA takes every drop of confidence from her. I hope this sport leaves her a shell.

I wouldn't go that far but I agree. Just for the new fans, it's shameful. I know I already said it but young girls who boarded the Ronda bandwagon must really be confused by the message. She's empowered and showing it by dictating terms to the UFC but at the same time, she disregards the people who made her a superstar: the fans.

It sets a precedent that other fighters will try to emulate, even if it's just to feel that power into their hands. Funny that Conor was ejected from UFC 200 for asking for less media yet Ronda comes back a couple of months after and has to do ziltch.

This might be the last time we see Ronda with that much power.

IDC really.

I'm pretty much just a casual fan of the ufc/mma at this point tho.
You created an account on a MMA website, chose an avatar and replied in this thread. You're far from a casual. My GF is a casual: she doesn't know Sherdog or other MMA media. Yet, she asks me to tell her when GSP comes back or when Conor is fighting. She also has a kick on Condit so she wants to see him too.

She doesn't care about the sport: she cares about specific fighters. THAT'S a casual fan.

Are you serious? Instead of getting ONE presser that lasts 10 minutes (you wait for hours for it), you now have independent pressers with every fighter. Granted, there's a lot of more stuff but this is the internet: put the videos you want to watch in your "watch later" list.

A nice perk is that you can watch a fighter's interview during commercials or breaks between fights.

Yes I am serious. I preferred watching a conference with the fighters together and interacting. Now the post fight pressers just seem stale and boring more often than not.

Man sometimes i see people i know and like out in public and ill change my path a bit to avoid them cause i dont feel like talking to anyone. If fucking random reporters started interrogating me i wouldnt be happy either

Back