Are you OK with...

Metal_Daze

Geonor St Gregor
@Silver
Reaction score
Ronda striking a deal with the UFC to avoid EVERY and ALL media? To my knowledge, this is the first time the UFC goes that far. They were pretty accommodating with Brock but he did show up for his "mandated" interviews and even the post fight presser. I know there were troubles with Tito too but he was not the kind to shy away for the media. So, who else got the "here Princess, don't worry about it" treatment?

Please, don't turn this into a Ronda hating thread. I want to discuss her power: no fighter was ever strong enough to avoid ALL media. To my knowledge, she will be the first fighter to enter a UFC fight without speaking with one reporter or answering one question.

Even our savior Luke "check your white privilege" Thomas thinks it's strange:

IDC really.

I'm pretty much just a casual fan of the ufc/mma at this point tho.

Rhonda probably said no media or no fight and the UFC caved.

Really interested to see if Rousey can still draw (especially without media), my gut says yes but then again maybe the mainstream fanbase is already tired of her.

As long as fighters in the future don't have to do media also, I have no problem with it. We know that won't happen tho.

She doesn't need to go in front of a camera at this point because the UFC will just promote her based on all her other stuff. It seems weak to me, but if she thinks it will help her, go for it.

Good for her.

You don't make a once in a lifetime athlete do anything they don't want to do.

So much shook in this thread.

Edmond is balls deep in your mind.

whatever. She's done talk shows since they announced the fight, filmed a bunch of promo footage, and she'll likely do some of the the open workout/presser stuff the week of the fight too. If the amount of press she was doing last time was seen as a problem, it's not unfair that they give her some leeway this time around.

She has to rethink this...will it hurt her more than it'll help her?

Get out there damn it. Show your face, show them how you've improved yourself. Don't just send a letter out.

Really interested to see if Rousey can still draw (especially without media), my gut says yes but then again maybe the mainstream fanbase is already tired of her.
without the mma media. She still did that stint on Ellen last month, so she's still making some effort. It's not like those of us who follow mma need her to do a ton of press to give a shit about this fight, it's the casuals and talk show viewers who need reminding.

"once in a lifetime athlete"????? You're a funny guy!

Oddly mma media are the tiny guys despite this being the only thing they cover.

I think it's pretty diva-ish of her. Fans like fighter interviews. It sells fights and gets people interested leading up to the event.

If it means I do not have to hear from her, fuck yeah I am.

She still did a couple talk shows and the hype video they aired last weekend was all about her. I don't expect a big drop off just because she's not doing press conferences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back