Are you OK with Jones getting an immediate rematch if he loses?

orlandod

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I get it, it's a big IF, but IF he loses, are you OK with the rematch?

Personally, I hate this kind of stuff because it holds the division for too long. Also, it would be interesting seeing Jones having to rebound after a loss. Maybe facing the loser of Gus-Rumble?

BUT, if Anderson Silva and Renan Bar

It would be stupid not to, from a financial standpoint. The rematch would probably sell even more PPVs than the first fight.

Edit: I didn't mean to call you stupid, I meant from the UFC's standpoint.

Im not fan of these kind of rematches, but for example if he loses controversial decision, then sure. He earns it more then anyone.

It's only fair that he does. Would be hilarious if Cormier ducks him and denies him one. Only time I would support such behavior

NO!!!

Cormier vs the winner of Rumble vs Gus

Jones vs the Loser of Rumble vs Gus

Im not fan of these kind of rematches, but for example if he loses controversial decision, then sure. He earns it more then anyone.

This. Tired of instant rematches but if anyone deserves one its JJ.

Jones' biggest fan here, HELL no.

It would be stupid not to, from a financial standpoint. The rematch would probably sell even more PPVs than the first fight.

Edit: I didn't mean to call you stupid, I meant from the UFC's standpoint.

It's OK bud, I got your point :wink: .

I think that, if Jones loses convincingly, then no immediate rematch.
If he loses in a contested way, then why not. There are already so many rematches that don't make sense, anyway.

only if it's close. I'm tired of championship matches being a best of 3 series.

It's OK bud, I got your point :wink: .

I think that, if Jones loses convincingly, then no immediate rematch.
If he loses in a contested way, then why not. There are already so many rematches that don't make sense, anyway.

this ^

its all in the way he loses

i like how everyone in here is saying "fair". there is nothing fair in the ufc, and there never will be. the ufc and its fights and its treatment of fighters rise and fall at the whim of dana fucking white--no more, no less.

for every example of "fair", there are ten examples or more of when a similar situation was treated differently.

It depends upon the nature of the loss.

Anderson Silva was the most dominant UFC middleweight ever and got knocked out while clowning around. An immediate rematch seemed appropriate.

Renan Barao got his ass beat for four and half rounds. He didn't deserve an immediate rematch.

If Cormier knocks Jones out in like 30 seconds, or wins a very controversial split decision, an immediate rematch wouldn't be unreasonable. If Cormier were to dominate Jones for four rounds and get a stoppage in the fifth... Jones should have to get a win or two before another title shot.

Unless DC wins easily, which I highly doubt, a rematch will happen if the match goes to a split decision, or an unanimous decision that is very close in the eyes of educated fans. If the fights ends decisively, I can see either Gus or Rumble challenge whomever is the champion. But based on probable high PPV numbers, I predict an immediate rematch after a close fight. I am almost positive the fight will go all five rounds.

Dominate champs deserve a rematch. Champs who have never defended do not. Cough Hendricks.

I hate all instant rematches and wouldn't do any of them, but since the UFC's policy seems to be instant rematch regardless, it would be pretty unfair not to give Jones one

Although it would be kinda funny if they didn't give him one as a kinda payback for UFC 151 lol

If it goes to some crazy controversial decision, I suppose it would make sense.

Back