Are you offended by Israel Adesanya twin towers comment?

Are you offended by Israel Adesanya twin tower comment?

• Total voters
Just curious of how many people here were offended by it and how many weren't.
I don’t like the poll choices (not your fault). As I said in another thread, it’s not a matter of me being “offended.” I just think it’s in bad taste and makes him look like a douchebag. He’s comparing what he’s going to do to his opponent in a fucking cage fight to a terrorist attack where thousands lost their lives. Innocent people were killed; sons, fathers, mothers, and daughters were needlessly and tragically slaughtered. It’s just a shitty, indecent thing to say. That’s all.

No, but I completely get why New Yorkers and other Americans connected to it, are upset. It was a real tragedy

He shouldn't have said it regardless if people are offended or not, IMO.

Even if you are not offended, you can understand the logic as to why some are and why he shouldn't have said it.

Just curious of how many people here were offended by it and how many weren't.

“He’s human like anyone else, and everyone likes to make this myth about, ‘Oh, he’s steel, like kicking steel,’ or you hit him and he doesn’t fall. I’ll touch him enough times. I’ll touch him enough times and eventually he’ll crumble like the Twin Towers.”

I consider him to be a weird and immature idiot so his opinions don't mean anything to me

I'm offended at the amount of threads dedicated to the subject
Imagine the Twitter and social pride parades when Tyson was on the mic.
"I'll eat yo kids and fk you til you love me, :eek::eek::eek:"

Hey Mike, can you issue an apology to the 36 groups you offended? And donate to charity and do community service, and say something nice about the other guy? Thank you.

I was in the plane that hit the south tower so im offended

giphy.gif

A lot of people will vote no, but not do a great job of concealing the fact that they are.

Which is fine.

Just realise that you're not the above-the-fray, anti-snowflake that you thought you were.

You know what? I find people being offended by that offensive. Well over 300,000+ people, by the most conservative estimate, were killed in response, which was a lie, without so much as a public apology or having anyone responsible taken to task.

Cleanup your own house. It reeks of death.

I'm not personally offended, but the comment was definitely in poor taste. Overall, Israel is proving to be a pretty trash person. Just all around seems like an unlikeable dude.

He shouldn't have said it regardless if people are offended or not, IMO.

Even if you are not offended, you can understand the logic as to why some are and why he shouldn't have said it.

people who get offended don’t even know the guy...why would anyone give a total stranger that much power over them?

I mean it's in bad taste, but people being offended at things not said to them or about things that directly effect them has always been a strange concept to me

It's not even like he was mocking the incident, he was just using it as a poor analogy

If you're a fan of hip hop, you'll find reference's to all kinds of tragedies. I know Biggie has a line that references the trade center bombings. (Not the plane crash).

I'm not from New York so I can't speak for them, but I know Izzy is a child of hip hop so I can see what angle he was coming from.

I wouldn't go there though.

What does "offended" even mean these days anyways. I can't answer the poll because I honestly have no idea.

I make jokes at personal tragedy all the time same with all my mates. Silly comparison to make with the American fan base. I'm guessing the kiwi mentality / social is similar to Australian. Dark humour is pretty normal around here

What does "offended" even mean these days anyways. I can't answer the poll because I honestly have no idea.

It means to take a bunch of arbitrary words, over analyse them, and then choose to let them impact you emotionally.

Back