Are you of.....

Squintz

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Hispanic or Latino descent?

Why does every job application ask that?

If I was are they trying to see if I’m an illegal and going to call ICE or would one have some advantage for being Hispanic or Latino?

I am and I dont check the box. Thats just what my family told me to do.

No, but my birth certificate is in Spanish.

If I was are they trying to see if I’m an illegal and going to call ICE or would one have some advantage for being Hispanic or Latino?

Hang on they ask you this? Would have thought that would be illegal.

In Australia for many things you get asked if you are Indigenous/Torres Strait Islander, sometimes you qualify for special consideration for jobs, education applications etc.

lol, i am, and yeah it is kind of odd and annoying. it's like even the people asking don't know what a latino or hispanic person is. i was going to say why don't they just ask if you're brown, but then i guess middle-eastern people are brown too.

Hang on they ask you this? Would have thought that would be illegal.

In Australia for many things you get asked if you are Indigenous/Torres Strait Islander, sometimes you qualify for special consideration for jobs, education applications etc.

Yeah they ask on every application. And it’s specifically a question on its own like if you’ve served in the military or if you have any disabilities.

I think it's employers human resources departments tracking that information to admire their ability in hiring a ethnically diverse group of employees.

Then they show it off for federal funding/tax breaks etc...

Latino mother fuckers, Viva La raza,brown pride, Aztlan !
What jobs you applying to homepiece?
I am a contractor so i make my own way havent had to fill out a plebian application in years

It's also on the firearms purchase background check here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back