Are You Now a Tyron Woodley Fan?

Are you now a Tyron Woodley fan?

• Total voters
I don't respect fairweather fans.

I respect fans that are just fans of fighters who have the belts even less.

Nah, not yet. Congratulations to him for getting the belt, but I feel he and Bisping are now the two weakest champs in the mma. Woodley's got the wrestling, power and speed for sure, but I kinda feel he won by throwing one haymaker (great shot, but still) and that there are strikers in this division who will give him fits. Rory better get back to work, Thompson should be licking his lips.

I've been one. People will try to discredit him over dumb shit though.

Check my post history. Always have been. A real athlete #1 reason like GSP was. Keeps it real and not hitting pregnant ladies with coke in the car.

I like Wonderboy but woodly is gonna send him back to mayberry.

I didn't like him a whole lot/thought he was a boring wrestler in SF.
With that being said I really appreciate guys like him that focus on there weaknesses and step up there games and start improving theor hands/submission games.
I look at Werdum (a grappler mostly back in the day) and stepped up his striking. Same concept just opposite approaches to the fight game.

Liked T-wood prior to this performance. Family man, seems fairly humble & a likeable character. And huge power in that right hand.
Fuck yeah AND THE NEW THE CHOSEN ONE. FUCK ALL THE HATERS.
7904715c2b7b9ebbb295c3a17d83deb8.jpg

I've always liked Tyron. I thought Robbie would beat him, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Woodley's been a top fighter for a long time, why not respect what he's accomplished?

I don't like the way it's worded, as if no one was a fan before. Woodley is a likable guy to me.

His immediate attempts to dismiss the obvious next contender in Stephen Thomson is obnoxious, but chasing the money fights is the new way in the UFC. Woodley didn't invent it.

Hahahahaha the guy will never gain any fan by the looks of it. I know I will never be a fan of his.. ever.

The poll results are not because he is black or has been boring in the past. It is the spineless ducking of Thompson but luckily a guy like Woodley won't be able to call any shots.

Woodley pressured Lawler from the outset and never let him get settled. It didn't take long for this approach to pay off, as he pushed forward and got Lawler to fall for a feinted right hand, which left him wide open for a brutal right to the jaw which sent him crashing to the mat. Woodley pounced and rained down punched until referee Dan Miragliotta waved the bout off.

While the Ferguson, Mo., native was overjoyed at winning the title, he also took care not to gloat after defeating his American Top Team teammate in Lawler.

"We knew Robbie would be well prepared for a takedown," Lawler said. "So I used a little speed and a blitz and I closed the distance, something told me the right hand would be there. I don't want to feel amazing about knocking out Robbie Lawler but he had the belt and that's what I wanted."

Lawler, who had a marvelous run in which he returned to the UFC and held the welterweight belt for a year and half, refused to make any excuses after the defeat.

"It is what it is," said Lawler (27-11, 1 NC). "He feinted me, my hand was down and he came over the top and caught me."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/3...tyron-woodley-knocks-out-robbie-lawler-claims
Most people are voting no because the way the questions is asked.

Anyways, I thought Tyrone would be a match up stylistically well against Lawler. But, I always thought he was a champ just not with the right camp. Like he did not use his athleticism early on IMO. Gassing out after 2 rounds. Just not catching people. Much like Kevin Randleman, who could have been way better but IMO, did not use his tools well probably thanks to those who were supposedly training him for his best interest.

I can not really play tyrone anywhere. I saw much potential in him but thought, he may always be top 5. I think in his last fights he has been showing great improvement. This fight, I did not understand why lawler was standing tall against tyrone. It only made sense what would happen. Like if your fighting mike tyson and you let his head drop while you keep your knees long or straight...its a bad thing lol.

Hopefully Tyrone found his niche. I always thought this guy was a future champ. But, MMA is funny like this, we may get musical chairs going on.

Never been a fan. Still not a fan. Seems like a nice guy. His style of fighting just doesn't entertain me.

As long as he stops pulling the race card I'll like him more. Was a fan of him from strikeforce til his long layoff back in October, he started to kinda got annoying but I'm still a fan and hey he won me some money tonight lol

Yes was already from his Strikeforce days. Cool guy and good fighter I enjoy watching perform.

What's wrong with it? Props to Tyron for being willing to fight so soon.

He knows he can easily wrestle Diaz to a unanimous decision and also make good money doing so.

It's a smart but unadmirable move.

Nope. Was nuetral about him before but when he flat out ducked Lombard I knew I was never going to be a fan.

Taking the belt from Lawler made me a fan.

Back