Are You Now a Tyron Woodley Fan?

Are you now a Tyron Woodley fan?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Woodley pressured Lawler from the outset and never let him get settled. It didn't take long for this approach to pay off, as he pushed forward and got Lawler to fall for a feinted right hand, which left him wide open for a brutal right to the jaw which sent him crashing to the mat. Woodley pounced and rained down punched until referee Dan Miragliotta waved the bout off.

While the Ferguson, Mo., native was overjoyed at winning the title, he also took care not to gloat after defeating his American Top Team teammate in Lawler.

"We knew Robbie would be well prepared for a takedown," Lawler said. "So I used a little speed and a blitz and I closed the distance, something told me the right hand would be there. I don't want to feel amazing about knocking out Robbie Lawler but he had the belt and that's what I wanted."

Lawler, who had a marvelous run in which he returned to the UFC and held the welterweight belt for a year and half, refused to make any excuses after the defeat.

"It is what it is," said Lawler (27-11, 1 NC). "He feinted me, my hand was down and he came over the top and caught me."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/3...tyron-woodley-knocks-out-robbie-lawler-claims

Fuck ya woodley. Blacksplosiveness all day!

I don't ever talk about Woodley but I like him when he is on. The dude that beat Kos, Lawler and Condit is a completely different fighter than the one who fought Gastelum and Rory.

Nope. The Nick Diaz callout is just....

Liked T-wood prior to this performance. Family man, seems fairly humble & a likeable character. And huge power in that right hand.

I said it before the fight that he would defintely give Lawler fitz.

His threat of a TD would dilute Lawlers striking and limit it a bit ala Johny vs Robbie and Rory vs Robbie 1.

He fakes TDs and strikes very well. Lawler doesnt like having to constantly think he has to mix it up. It messes with his consistancy it seems.

He's a good fighter, but he's got weaknesses. Besides, even though I appreciate the fact that he didn't take Hendricks' purse after the weight issue, he sounds so annoying and whiny that I can't be a fan.

I respect Woodley but despise the gloating bandwagon jumpers

great win
for the chosen one

perfectly landed that brick of aright hand
Robbie was seeing stars

That was a great win for Woodley but I'm not going to be jumping on his bandwagon.

Have always been a fan. After I met him I was even more of a fan. Not sure why there was so much hate before the fight. I'm sure its going to get even saltier in here now...

Woodley is great. Have always liked him. Sad to see Lawler lose, but Woodley is a good guy to carry the torch.

The Robbie haters around here are obnoxious, but Sherdog is like anything else in life where the biggest idiots are only 5% of the population but make 90% of the noise. It's like going anywhere in public with a group of high school girls; you just have to either go somewhere else or ignore them.

Don't really know much about Woodley, except that he's badass. Will certainly be paying attention now...

I've always liked Two of, this just reminded everyone how violent that motherfucker can be

Back