Are you more excited for RDA/McGregor or Cormier/Jones 2?

Are you more excited for RDA/McGregor or Cormier/Jones 2

• Total voters
Uh..... RDA vs. McGregor because it's never happened before and it'll be the very fight where Conor gets a beating.

I pretty much already know Jones is coming back to reclaim his place.

HAHA!! You talked sooooooooooooo much shit about Conor before he fought Mendes and Jose. You went on and on post after post about how he couldn't beat Jose. Now you have to hope he loses at LW, haha.
Fellow Diaz fan here. Picked Conor to beat Peahead and Aldo. I didn't bet on the Mendes fight with all the question marks surrounding that one due to the wrestling and Conor not having faced a high caliber wrestler up until that point, but didn't count him out either. I've never fallen into the trap of continuously betting against Conor due to blind hate. In fact he's won me some money.

I'm taking RDA by a violent 3rd round TKO on the ground.

Fellow Diaz fan here. Picked Conor to beat Peahead and Aldo. Wasn't betting on the Mendes fight with all the question marks surrounding that one but didn't count him out either. I've never fallen into the trap of continuously betting against Conor. In fact he's won me some money.

I'm taking RDA by a violent 3rd round TKO on the ground.

It's all good, differences of opinion are fine, and I wasn't sure if he'd beat them, and I wouldn't have bet on anyone. The guy I was quoting though, holy fuck, he went on and on about how McGregor wasn't going to--hell, I think he often said or implied "couldn't" a lot of the time--beat Jose.

I'm going to go back and watch some RDA fights before I draw conclusions on this one. I first thought the idea of this matchup was horrid for Conor, but after all Conor's his success (and remembering that RDA has been hurt by Guida and Stephens) I think he might be able to starch RDA.

Excited for the kings return but this (rda/mcgregor) is a fresh fight and my god! Champ vs champ is amazing!

I want Conor to win, I gotta see someone with two ufc titles.

A lot of questions to be answered in both...but more in Conor vs RDA. So that one.

I'm more emotionally invested into DC/Jones II since I'm a huge DC fan and a huge Jones hater.

With McGregor/RDA I'm rooting for RDA but I'm not as emotionally invested.

It's all good, differences of opinion are fine, and I wasn't sure if he'd beat them, and I wouldn't have bet on anyone. The guy I was quoting though, holy fuck, he went on and on about how McGregor wasn't--hell, I think he often said or implied "couldn't" a lot of the time--beat Jose.

I'm going to go back and watch some RDA fights before I draw conclusions on this one. I first thought the idea of this matchup was horrid for Conor, but after all Conor's his success (and remembering that RDA has been hurt by Guida and Stephens) I think he might be able to starch RDA.
Respect.... But if you're gonna pay attention to 6 and 7 year old fights, go watch Conor tapping out in Cage Warriors, because those are actually more recent fights than when RDA lost to Stephens who hits like a Mac truck and Guida who was never a scrub. RDA was green back then and pretty one dimensional. And please don't bring up Khabib, lol. Conor would lose to Khabib worse than RDA did.

Today, under legendary Rafael Cordeiro and Marinovich Brother protege Nick Curson, RDA is a completely different fighter than he was back then so I wouldn't draw conclusions based on Conor tapping or RDA being KO'd many moons ago. Both fighters have come a long way since then.

RDA's recent competition has been substantially more dangerous than Conor's. And he's been waxing everyone in his path with ease. Conor has never faced a monster like this in his career. He's gonna lose, but he still gets my respect for even taking this fight. He's a true warrior that'll fight anyone on any given night under any circumstances.

Conor is trying to make some serious history.
Jone's already beat Cormier.
I agree with this, except the errant apostraphe. Conor is fighting a guy who has the potential to be a bad style matchup for him, for the right to bena multiple weight beltholder. Gotta go with that, especially after he slept Aldo in mere seconds.

Write in:
I'm more excited for n Season 2.
War Captain Levi!
attack-on-titan-e1438387346853.jpg
You read the manga? The Clash of Titans arc will be awesome!

Respect.... But if you're gonna pay attention to 6 and 7 year old fights, go watch Conor tapping out in Cage Warriors, because those are actually more recent fights than when RDA lost to Stephens who hits like a Mac truck and Guida who was never a scrub. RDA was green back then and pretty one dimensional. And please don't bring up Khabib, lol. Conor would lose to Khabib worse than RDA did.

Agreed on all points. What I'm more inferring is that if they can hurt him, Conor can too, not because RDA's skill level is the same as it was, but because Conor has the power to. Of course RDA has improved by leaps and bound since then, it just makes me think that if Conor can sneak one through, we at least know he's capable of hurting RDA. (I suppose Stephens isn't a great example though, because I think he literally leapt off the ground throwing it if I recall correctly.)

Today, under legendary Rafael Cordeiro and Marinovich Brother protege Nick Curson, RDA is a completely different fighter than he was back then so I wouldn't draw conclusions based on Conor tapping or RDA being KO'd many moons ago. Both fighters have come a long way since then.

True. I want to re-watch RDA's last few fights, I'm not going back too far for obvious reasons.

RDA's recent competition has been substantially more dangerous than Conor's. And he's been waxing everyone in his path with ease. Conor has never faced a monster like this in his career. He's gonna lose, but he still gets my respect for even taking this fight. He's a true warrior that'll fight anyone on any given night under any circumstances.

Yes he is, and yeah, Conor has definitely never faced someone like RDA before. That said, RDA hasn't faced someone with Conor's boxing and kicking ability, at least not that I'm aware of. That's why I want to watch their last few fights. Conor talking the way he is is either him being a showman or he really sees something exploitable in the way RDA fights. Conor also responds to pressure better than Pettis or Cerrone.

In any event, I'm super pumped for this fight.

DC and RDA gonna shock the world.

Looking forward to Jones' return even more than I'm looking forward to RDA/Conor, however looking solely at the two fights RDA/Conor is far more appealing than DC/Jones II.

Agreed on all points. What I'm more inferring is that if they can hurt him, Conor can too, not because RDA's skill level is the same as it was, but because Conor has the power to. Of course RDA has improved by leaps and bound since then, it just makes me think that if Conor can sneak one through, we at least know he's capable of hurting RDA. (I suppose Stephens isn't a great example though, because I think he literally leapt off the ground throwing it if I recall correctly.)

True. I want to re-watch RDA's last few fights, I'm not going back too far for obvious reasons.

Yes he is, and yeah, Conor has definitely never faced someone like RDA before. That said, RDA hasn't faced someone with Conor's boxing and kicking ability, at least not that I'm aware of. That's why I want to watch their last few fights. Conor talking the way he is is either him being a showman or he really sees something exploitable in the way RDA fights. Conor also responds to pressure better than Pettis or Cerrone.

In any event, I'm super pumped for this fight.
I would say Pettis's kicks are much more dangerous than Conor's. When Pettis lands kicks, he finishes fights, both to the head and body. Conor just throws flashy kicks and his body shots hurt but he hasn't stopped anyone with them yet.

Anyways, I'm with you brah! I'm fired up for this one. Very few fights get me this amped up. I probably haven't anticipated a fight so much since Shogun vs. Machida 2.

I would say Pettis's kicks are much more dangerous than Conor's. When Pettis lands kicks, he finishes fights, both to the head and body. Conor just throws flashy kicks and his body shots hurt but he hasn't stopped anyone with them yet.

Anyways, I'm with you brah! I'm fired up for this one. Very few fights get me this amped up. I probably haven't anticipated a fight so much since Shogun vs. Machida 2.

Haha, I'm not communicating well. I agree that Pettis's kicks are more dangerous, I'm just noting Conor's kicks because they're pretty good if not terribly dangerous (so far), and he uses them set up his boxing, which is very dangerous.

Only a month away! Hopefully the Diaz bros get fights soon.

RDA/McGregor because this fight is way more meaningful for these two fighters, as well as the fans.

I am rooting for RDA yet I don't discount Conor's ability to win also. I will be on the edge of my seat watching this, and loving it .. I hope. :p

Haha, I'm not communicating well. I agree that Pettis's kicks are more dangerous, I'm just noting Conor's kicks because they're pretty good if not terribly dangerous (so far), and he uses them set up his boxing, which is very dangerous.

Only a month away! Hopefully Diaz bros get fights soon.
Yeah I want Nick in there with Woodley. Let Condit fight Hendricks in a rematch with neither of them getting a title shot. And the winner of Diaz vs. Woodley getting a title shot at the winner of Lawler vs. Wonderboy.

RDA vs Conor for sure.

DC vs Jones is a great fight but we already saw it. Won't go much different than the first time.

What's up with the join date? I could have sworn you used to be a 2002 account or so or am I just mistaken and confusing you with someone else?

fbf56b90-c9a7-0132-4599-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

I don't care much about Conor or RDA, so Cormier/Jones for me.

The non-rematch where the guy goes up in weight to try to grab two simultaneous belts.

RDA v Connor by far - didnt enjoy Jones v DC 1 at all......would rather Jones V Rumble

Back