Are you joking? Elias got robbed!!!

That's bait.gif

The amount of people taking this troll thread serious is too damn high

Ladies and gentlemen:

Elias

giphy.gif

I hope he gets cut, most boring play safe fighter I seen in a while.

For some reason I've come to accept his fighting style. He has cardio for days and has good grappling and an incredible knack for winning scrambles with ease. There was a moment in the fight that Bisping made a quote "If it lands then it lands" and this was right after Elias threw like a lunging hammerfist, which did connect. He also has an odd trailing kick that the throws from outside range that you would never think it would connect but if you weren't careful could wind up a solid head kick.

His style is a weird one to watch though, it just winds up looking like you got in a fight with some half cut surfer dude. If he tightened some things up in striking he could be pretty dangerous.

Lets face it the reason why he didnt win that fight was cause uninformed fans who just want "just Bleed" fights. Dude put on a technical clinic each and everytime he gets in that octagon. I never get frustrated about judges call but this has got me pissed. I am still pulsing from last night.

Elias clearly won rounds 1 and 2.
Hes the least technical fighter in the ufc. Sorry but his weird escape movement is his winning technique. He is not ufc material.

I have no idea what Brunsons did to win rounds 1-2.
At few minutes into the 2nd I think they said "first strike Brunson landed this round".

Granted, I did not watch it very carefully and might have to do a rewatch.

Agree, Elias should've won that fight on points, 29-28. Gotta love the guy anyway, he's the ultimate anti-caveman in the UFC, a true pain for all the "just bleed, stand and bang, it's cage fight p*ssy!" type of fans that put such a massive stain on the sport and its image. Is he exciting to watch? Not really, but he's doing what he needs to do with his unconventional, somewhat awkward but technically functional point fighting style. He's really pushing the boundaries with it, it's an innovative way of outscoring your opponent and takes the stand-up away from conventional kickboxing/karate/muay thai etc exchanges, which in itself is impressive to pull off at such a high level. Even in his decision losses nobody ever really found an answer to getting a hold of him, let alone taking him out. Also, his flamboyant antics are just hilarious, what a contrast to the embarrassing thuggish or redneckish bs many other guys get in there with.

Fans tuned in to see boxing, wrestling and jiu-jitsu skills - NOT capoeira or ballet.

The total significant strikes for each of them was fairly close in every round. The take downs put Brunson over the top. Both fighters should be in the prelims.

Double loss, everyone lost, i barely wanted to live by the time it ended.

I hate Elias. My first posts on this forum were to that effect. But I gotta say I thought he won that fight last night because Brunson is that bad.

Elias fights like a drag queen with a broken heel. How could Brunson think he was going to get hurt and not just maul Elias? Awful fight.

I have a strange feeling that not everyone here trying to advocate Elias is actually trolling. I am affraid, that some might be serious. I still hope that they're not, but if true, then it's pretty disgusting to be honest.

For some reason I've come to accept his fighting style. He has cardio for days and has good grappling and an incredible knack for winning scrambles with ease. There was a moment in the fight that Bisping made a quote "If it lands then it lands" and this was right after Elias threw like a lunging hammerfist, which did connect. He also has an odd trailing kick that the throws from outside range that you would never think it would connect but if you weren't careful could wind up a solid head kick.

His style is a weird one to watch though, it just winds up looking like you got in a fight with some half cut surfer dude. If he tightened some things up in striking he could be pretty dangerous.
Cardio for days? Shut up. He was gassing hard and barely moving his arms in the 2nd round, looked like convulsions from a man in a coma. Good grappling? If you call being on the bottom and scrambling in an awkward way back to the feet grappling ok. He is an embarrassing fighter.

Judges definitely got it wrong.

this was a leonard garcia type robbery. elias wins the rematch

I hate Elias. My first posts on this forum were to that effect. But I gotta say I thought he won that fight last night because Brunson is that bad.

Elias fights like a drag queen with a broken heel. How could Brunson think he was going to get hurt and not just maul Elias? Awful fight.
"Elias fights like a drag queen with a broken heel."

Props

Back