Are You In Favor Of The UFC Starting A Men's Strawweight Division? (2022)

Are You In Favor Of The UFC Starting A Men's Strawweight Division

• Total voters
Absolutely not. When I was getting my gf into watching the UFC. I’d always tell her max weight for any particular fight.

“These guys walking out now are Fly Weight. That means a max of 126 pounds. On Sherdog they are referred to as manlets”.

She’s like.. “Manlets.. LMAO. You’re not serious? 126 pounds?”

No, I literally never need to see 115 pound adult male fighters that literally weigh less than 99% of the adult females on the planet.

That’s where I draw the line.

AW females, sure. SW males, no thank you.

somewhat. i have no problem with watching 115-pound people fight, flyweight to super bantamweight (112-122) in boxing is fucking stacked right now. i have a feeling MMA isn’t at that level yet though. plus as others have said, weight classes in mma are spread out shittily already, adding another at 115 doesn’t help much.

Absolutely not. When I was getting my gf into watching the UFC. I’d always tell her max weight for any particular fight.

“These guys walking out now are Fly Weight. That means a max of 126 pounds. On Sherdog they are referred to as manlets”.

She’s like.. “Manlets.. LMAO. You’re not serious? 126 pounds?”

No, I literally never need to see 115 pound adult male fighters that literally weigh less than 99% of the adult females on the planet.

That’s where I draw the line.

AW females, sure. SW males, no thank you.
this guy wasn’t around when chocolatito was knocking guys dead every couple months in the mid-2010’s.

feel free to have your opinion but you are unequivocally, objectively missing out on some of the best fighters who have ever lived.

Sure. If there's talented people, let them fight. Men, women, manlets, robots - I'll watch it all. I'll watch your grandma slapbox your grandpa, if her form is good enough.

If anything they should re-arrange the weight classes and add one between LHW and HW

Might as well start midget division then
I would be more interested in the midget division than I am in the straw weight.

can't be serious. they can barely cover a FLW division.

UFC just looking for a new, cheap way to dilute the product even further

somewhat. i have no problem with watching 115-pound people fight, flyweight to super bantamweight (112-122) in boxing is fucking stacked right now. i have a feeling MMA isn’t at that level yet though. plus as others have said, weight classes in mma are spread out shittily already, adding another at 115 doesn’t help much.
"Mma isn't at that level yet..." MEN have been fighting since before prostitution idiot!!! Edit sorry for the idiot vibe, I got drunk earlier lol

Only 3 divisions matter...

HW/LHW/MW (few) - Rest are dancers and acrobats...

<Fedor23>

As long as they don't call it a men's division.

If they called it MANLETWEIGHT and made a spectacle of it sure maybe yea.
But just maybe.

ded460dbff05a669156e2333c6b55cae.gif

Brooks was decent but the ufc released him the moment he lost
That's not correct. The UFC released him after he beat Roberto Sanchez. He is one of the very rare fighters in modern UFC history to be cut after a win.

125 is already small enough and the division is only now starting to be somewhat of a viable division and still to this day the depth isn’t the best so no not at this time.

cruiserweight would interest me though, there’s a 20 pound difference between LHW and MW, and while LHW is the weakest division currently, there’s plenty of MWs who would move up 10 poubds and not 20 to compete

The UFC was willing to scrap the flyweight division a few years ago for lack of fighters and now they want to go lighter?

When can we get a 225 division? Stop with he crazy weight cuts and make the 225 division. I guarantee it sells better that a male 115.

225lb division is the stupidest idea ever. Guys like Blaydes, Sergei, Aspinall, Gane etc could all easily make 225lbs with a minimal cut. There's a reason Freestyle goes 213 then jumps to 275 and boxing goes 175 to 200 to Heavyweight (which in boxing is unlimited). It would just make the already terrible HW division worse and 205lbs as it is sucks and is shallow, I mean who looks there and says "let's add another". Maybe you could do 155-165-175 or redistribute weight divisions based off of relative body weight % instead of universal jumps in many cases.

The talent doesn't exist to have both a 200, 225lb and Heavyweight division. Often most of the best boxers and MMA fighters who were great heavies could make 225. To be honest, in many cases being over 250lbs has points or diminishing returns as it is. Just a baffling idea people in MMA support when boxing, Kickboxing and freestyle tend not to do it. There's a reason.

Then Super heavy weight 236 and over, no weight limit.

225lb division is the stupidest idea ever. Guys like Blaydes, Sergei, Aspinall, Gane etc could all easily make 225lbs with a minimal cut. There's a reason Freestyle goes 213 then jumps to 275 and boxing goes 175 to 200 to Heavyweight (which in boxing is unlimited). It would just make the already terrible HW division worse and 205lbs as it is sucks and is shallow, I mean who looks there and says "let's add another". Maybe you could do 155-165-175 or redistribute weight divisions based off of relative body weight % instead of universal jumps in many cases.

The talent doesn't exist to have both a 200, 225lb and Heavyweight division. Often most of the best boxers and MMA fighters who were great heavies could make 225. To be honest, in many cases being over 250lbs has points or diminishing returns as it is. Just a baffling idea people in MMA support when boxing, Kickboxing and freestyle tend not to do it. There's a reason.
We're trying to eliminate weight cutting. We don't want Gane or Blades to fight at 225.

Izzy walks around 208-215. Potan walks around 235.

We want guys like izzy to fight at 205 and guys like Potan fighting at 225. Not in the 185 division, drained after a weight cut.

We knock potan about his gas tank but moat fail to account for his final weight cut he probably lost 20 pounds in 24 hours. That will mess up your gas tank.

I still think the best idea is to create a super heavyweight division.

No weigh in
3 one minute rounds
Just swang and bang

Don't tell me you wouldn't watch every fight

And who would fight there? They have Rogan, Hasbulla and ?

Flyweights are supertalented but they are not interesting to watch because they lack of star power. So imagine what SW would look like..

Back