Are You In Favor Of The UFC Starting A Men's Strawweight Division? (2022)

Are You In Favor Of The UFC Starting A Men's Strawweight Division

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure Dana is referring to having a women's atomweight division, which could do well. No way in hell are they adding a lighter men's division.

Add in a dwarf division too since size shouldn't matter

UFC president Dana White has previously said that,

Are you in favor of the UFC adding a Mens Strawweight division in 2022-2023? One Championship already has one. I think that it would be interesting to see UFC talent performing in that weight class. Please explain your choices.

ufc-championship-belt.jpg
No, women's atomweight first.

Want of this Men's Strawweight Division sounds suspiciously like a Thailand beauty pageant fetish meets midget tossing. o_O

I’d be fine with it if they could actually make it a real division but I feel like there’s not enough talent and it will become another women’s 145. I like the flyweights but they already seem to have trouble supporting that division.

125 men is fine as lightest division. They need to bring in a 105 female division and scrap the fucking 145 female division. Even 135 is stagnant as fuck. Everyone is semi retired or pregnant.

Dear god no. The UFC absolutely sucks at starting & developing new divisions from scratch; men's flyweight is still a shit show and women's 125 is decent only because a bunch of fighters moved there from 115 and 135. What the UFC is good at is poaching entire divisions from other organizations after they've done the work of building them up, that's pretty much how they got men's 135, 145, and 155 along with women's 115 and 135.

Are you in favor of the UFC adding a Mens Strawweight division in 2022-2023? One Championship already has one. I think that it would be interesting to see UFC talent performing in that weight class. Please explain your choices.

I don’t see the problem. If there are good fighters and that is the appropriate weight for them, go for it. If momentum builds, maybe it becomes a fun division. If not, who cares, what’s the difference.

They won't even be able to lift the belt

125 is already a joke, why make things worse?

Why does it matter? Even if we agree that FW is a joke (presumably due to depth?), it still delivered fights like Fig vs Benevidez, Fig vs Moreno, France vs Moreno, France vs Cody, etc. If the rest of the division isn’t interesting we can just ignore it.

Back