Are You In Favor Of The UFC Starting A Men's Strawweight Division? (2022)

Are You In Favor Of The UFC Starting A Men's Strawweight Division

• Total voters

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
UFC president Dana White has previously said that,
"As the sport continues to grow and we go into other markets like Latin America and Asia, yes, we will eventually open up a lighter weight division, which is a great thing."

Read more: https://syndication.bleacherreport....ound-division-will-eventually-happen.amp.html

Are you in favor of the UFC adding a Mens Strawweight division in 2022-2023? One Championship already has one. I think that it would be interesting to see UFC talent performing in that weight class. Please explain your choices.

ufc-championship-belt.jpg

Last edited:
UFC president Dana White has previously said that, "as the sport continues to grow and we go into other markets like Latin America and Asia, yes, we will eventually open up a lighter weight division, which is a great thing." Are you in favor of the UFC adding a Mens Strawweight division in 2022-2023? One Championship already has one. I think that it would be interesting to see UFC talent performing in that weight class. Please explain your choices.

ufc-championship-belt.jpg

Source??

Brandon Moreno cuts relatively little weight at 125, he could make 115.

It makes sense in Asia where people are smaller but strawweight is too small for the west imo. I have a hard time getting excited about flyweight as it is. I fucking love bantamweight though so I guess 135 is my limit.

Might as well hand it over to ONE FC.

ONE FC stable is stacked at lighter weights.

its not going to happen. people already don't care about flyweight. if you look at the shortest people by country its mostly asian ones with a few select south american counties. not marketable to dana. it works for onefc though

The UFC was willing to scrap the flyweight division a few years ago for lack of fighters and now they want to go lighter?

When can we get a 225 division? Stop with he crazy weight cuts and make the 225 division. I guarantee it sells better that a male 115.

225 would make LHW and HW even worse than they currently are.

Back