Are you happy that boring fighters like Brad Katona are being cut?

I didn't find Katona boring at all, but I'm ok with the UFC cutting fighters with middling records.

Generally I appreciate that it's a hard balance UFC is trying to juggle here, in it's merit-entertainment-hybrid promotion.

I wish they'd kept Mousasi and Bader. I get why they let go of Bader and Davis. I wish they hadn't ripped up Werdum's contract and then offered him half after the Dos Santos loss. I only understood in hindsight why they let go of Arlovski & Sylvia, after they had a choke hold on that division for years.

Overall, they probably juggle it pretty well. That fans only react to about 1% of cut fighters is likely good supporting evidence that they juggle it pretty well.

8-2 and he won TUF not too long ago. The canadian crowds seemed to really get behind him.

And they cut him over 2 straight losses? Seems a bit premature to me. Could at least have given him one more. I don't remember him being overly boring.

That dude had the weirdest accent

Manitoba boy that lived in Ireland...

Katona was a mixed bag, but at the end of the day he beat two guys i don't know anything about, i assume they are not longer with the UFC either.
And he lost to two guys i don't know anything about, i assume they are no longer with the UFC either.

I don't think I have ever seen any of his fights, no wonder they stopped doing TUF.

Katona was a mixed bag, but at the end of the day he beat two guys i don't know anything about, i assume they are not longer with the UFC either.
And he lost to two guys i don't know anything about, i assume they are no longer with the UFC either.
Sadly, this description fits 2/3rds of the average fight card

I actually thought Brad was pretty good despite his corny Clark Kent shtick

Found it absolutely hilarious on TUF when he was in a pre weight staredown with his opponent and someone in the background said..."that's a tough nerd"

I don’t like to see anybody lose a UFC gig. But, they bring in some pretty bad fighters at times. Fighters that have no business at that level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back