1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Are you guys going to use TRT when you hit around 40?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Garnet_StrongerThanYou, Oct 25, 2020.

1. AGGAMEMNON66 ———Villain———

If you’re dieting and keeping fit long before that you should age gracefully and not need TRT at that point. At 50 I’d say maybe I’d look into it, but that will depend on where I’m already at when I get there. If I’m still looking and feeling good at 50 I’ll keep on with the dieting and working out regularly.

TeTe likes this.
  2. sweetviolenturg Silver Belt Professional Fighter

Yeah, I doubt whether it would have for me either. LOL.

Gunny and TeTe like this.
  3. TheMessiah Brown Belt

Damn, im only 21 its crazy thinking about what its gonna be like when im older

Robocok likes this.
  4. Omegaboy13 Sweepin' Your Leg

I'll probably do TRT when I'm in my 40s if I can. I'm in my mid 30s and have noticed a slight drop, but nothing significant. Right now I just do Magnesium, Zinc, and D3. I drink some pomegranate juice every few days as well. Seems to work fine. When I'm 60, I'm going full on science experiment on myself.

5. Darth_Inv1ctu5 Yellow Card

Haven't noticed before, i did it as a pct w nolva only once in the past and didn't notice anything, it was a mild cycle though so I didn't really expect anything drastic in either direction

6. Sisyphos Dispenser of Ancient Wisdom Banned

Fuck no.
    Natural Testosterone is already fucking my life as it is (high testosterone crew checking in).
    I'll be happy when testosterone is gone. I want to focus on reading books when I'm a gramps.

7. Cygnus A Brown Belt

How good is this stuff? I hit 40 and I feel like shit all the time. Lazy. No longer interested in working out, low energy. FML.. Should I start TRT?

Robocok and TidWell like this.
  8. TidWell Steel Belt

Yes genetics comes into play but also diet, lifestyle, wear and tear and stress.

None of my male relatives used any trt, my uncles all got married in their fifties to younger women and are now late 70s early 80s and have energy and sharpness for days, but they dont eat any fast food just homemade, no meds either, they walk daily, and dance, as exercise, they grew up working the farms and doing field work when younger.

my friends great grandpa lived to 104 and you would have thought he was only 80 never needed meds he was on a meditaranean diet, he died of pneumonia though.

what's insane is when you see someone who is only in their late 50s early 60s but looks weak and and fatt those people dont take care of themselves at all.

9. TR0UBLE SH00TER ------ ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ------COME AND TAKE THEM

I'll pass. There is always the risk of adverse effects or complications to any type of medication or medical treatment. As a father of two young
    boys, I have ore important things to worry about than my physique or what my libido will be in my 50's and 60's, things like living as long as
    possible. People can disagree with this assessment but if they do they are likely uninformed or misinformed and only want to see the
    potential beneficial aspects of TRT, which is fine.

There's really been no widespread studies of long term TRT patients. But there are medical concerns and more research is starting to come out.

TRT has been linked to prostate cancer, BPH, polycythemia and OSA
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3897047/

(TRT) can cause a number of health complications that, some doctors say, might not be worth the benefits.
    https://www.drugwatch.com/testosterone/side-effects/

Men using TRT therapy are at higher risk of cardiovascular problems, like heart attacks, strokes, blood clots and deaths from heart disease.
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/mens-health/is-testosterone-therapy-safe-take-a-breath-before-you-take-the-plunge#:~:text=Doctors also watch out for,and deaths from heart disease.

TRT paitents risk the development or acceleration of prostate or breast cancer, development or worsening of benign prostatic hyperplasia,
    increased risk of polycythemia, development or worsening of acne, alopecia, gynecomastia, worsening sleep apnea, increased lower
    urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) and liver toxicity.
    https://www.uspharmacist.com/article/testosterone-replacement-therapy-controversy-and-recent-trends

Aging men with low testosterone levels who take testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) are at a slightly greater risk of experiencing an ischemic
    stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA), or myocardial infarction, especially during the first two years of use, reports a study appearing in The
    American Journal of Medicine

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/07/190718123258.htm

Some men undergoing TRT experience testicular atrophy.
    https://www.healthline.com/health/testicular-atrophy#:~:text=Some men undergoing TRT experience,testosterone, leading to smaller testicles.

I think I've seen this commercial before...

therealdope likes this.
  10. BB in Crazy!!!! Red Belt

I will think about it when low test starts to have an affect on me. Probably like late 50s early 60s.

11. TR0UBLE SH00TER ------ ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ------COME AND TAKE THEM

You might want to watch this, TS.

Robocok likes this.
  12. sweetviolenturg Silver Belt Professional Fighter

Well, there's the quality of one's life to consider as opposed to just the number of years one can last. So, when I discovered that my testosterone count was low, I weighed all my options by researching them & after discussing it with my primary she sent me to get a complete workup by a urologist & I found out that I was a good candidate for TRT. So, I chose to go that route.

Sure, I realize that there are some risks involved but I'm willing to accept them. I'm in my mid-fifties & my wife is 21 years younger so it's worth it to me. I'm not saying that it's for everyone but I've experienced nothing but positive results from it in the three years that I've been on it.

Plus, my primary & my urologist keep good tabs on my health by requiring me to have regular bloodwork done to keep track of my PSA levels & when they went up for some anomalous reason one month a couple of years ago my urologist made me have a prostate biopsy done & I came out of that with a clean bill of health. So, it's not as if they just provide me with vials of testosterone & syringes & are done with me. They monitor me very closely.

13. TR0UBLE SH00TER ------ ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ------COME AND TAKE THEM

Good to here and I hope the benefits without any side effects continue for you for a long time to come.

In all honesty I tend to not take any medications for any ailments or go to the doctor for anything that is
    not a dire emergency. So, my post wasn't a condemnation of anyone, just a fair bit of skepticism.

I don't want to live to the point that I don't have a quality of life, I just wouldn't want to risk my health if at
    all possible. Luckily I have good genes and very good health so I haven't had to cross that bridge yet in
    my life, so far.

I have nothing against folks wanting to improve their quality of life but there is definitely risk assessment
    to consider in all medical choices which you obviously have. To each is own.

sweetviolenturg likes this.
  14. TidWell Steel Belt

My friend was given clomid by his doctor and it was to increase his testosterone levels to normal, his test levels were great with it and he got ripped, I think genetics come to play. I remember Lee Priest or some bodybuilder said some guys can get jacked just off clomid or TRT low dosing because of their genetics, other guys can be on the same stuff and won't look impressive.

Darth_Inv1ctu5 likes this.
  15. lifelessheap Gold Belt

I'm 40 and recovery sucks. Even my skin takes way longer to heal. I'm try to add lean mass. Much more difficult than ten years ago.

bad mojo likes this.
  16. Ezekiel 25:17 Purple Belt

41, never.

In fact, I changed up my diet over the past few months and it's worked wonders. Just as long as you keep a steady workout routine after that, no need for anything extra. Food literally changes everything.

evansusmc2, Robocok and lifelessheap like this.
  17. lifelessheap Gold Belt

Food is everything. We are what we eat.

Robocok likes this.
  18. Robocok Black Belt

Clomid can cause depression and affect your eyesight.

19. Swing Brown Belt

Probably not. I view it sort of like dyeing my hair, which I'm not going to do either. That said, I understand why people would do it for medical reasons, and I might consider it if my quality of life would see a significant improvement.

20. lsa Maître d' at The Pussy Lounge

Sounds more like he was shooting blanks..

"Clomid is prescribed off-label for male infertility, particularly where low testosterone levels are observed."

TeTe likes this.