Are you good in an interview?

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
I always thought I was an okay interviewee
I've had a couple, i dont think I've ever had an interview and not gotten an offer - maybe once

So anyway recently i got a new job offer, I'm on good terms with my previous employer so the past two ish months I've been helping interview replacement candidates

Holy shit people are terrible, even perfectly qualified candidates tend to just have shit personalities. We maybe interviewed 20 people
4 were actually good interviewees
Its wild

I imagine that most people are just bad at this skill

I have only been on 1 real interview, my other jobs were through either promotions, or connections without a formal interview. That said, the 1 interview did not go great, wasn't horrible but it was my fault.

Pressure and experience are the biggest factors imo. If you're in desperate need of a job / that job then it's tougher.

The interviews I've always aced and felt fantastic throughout are the ones when I've already been employed and ended up just winging it.

I've had a couple, i dont think I've ever had an interview and not gotten an offer - maybe once

So anyway recently i got a new job offer, I'm on good terms with my previous employer so the past two ish months I've been helping interview replacement candidates

Holy shit people are terrible, even perfectly qualified candidates tend to just have shit personalities. We maybe interviewed 20 people
Its wild

Same here, I certainly never fucked one up.
But I've been on the other side of the interviewing more so these days, and boy some people suck.

We had one woman who kept asking about sick pay over and over, did she not think of the impression that might give?

I'm shit at interviewing though, lose interest and talk about movies and music instead. Just the important stuff

'Can you read and write? Sweet, what's your favorite movie'

I am a good interviewee. But I also try to come in well prepared. I try and research the company, their history, their values, research (or anticipate) what types of questions will be asked and be ready with answers from my own experience that answer those questions in ways that align with the company’s values. Be professional, don’t be too informal, but also try and be upbeat and likable.

I am a good interviewee. But I also try to come in well prepared. I try and research the company, their history, their values, research (or anticipate) what types of questions will be asked and be ready with answers from my own experience that answer those questions in ways that align with the company’s values. Be professional, don’t be too informal, but also try and be upbeat and likable.

Its a hard line to walk for a lot of people,
A lot of people fall on one of two extremes

But I feel like people should know that of you've been invited to an interview, particularly a second one or one post screening that a large thing interviewers are looking for is just how well you fit

The best people are the ones who are confident and relaxed, but still professional. An easy hack is just being curious in the actual org that shows a level of interest and comfort

Its wild

I haven't had to interview in ages, as I got my last 2 jobs by being courted by clients. Some people are great in interviews and shit at the actual job (depending on the industry I suppose) and some are shit at interviews and great at the job.

It's really hard to gauge what someone's actually like through interviews as they're often nothing like the actual job and people try to hide parts of their personality in case they put the interviewer off.

im fucking great because im full of myself, and thats bascially what you need if you look this good

oh and your good resume, references or whatever

Do ressearch about the company ahead of time.

Don't ask questions about the job that are easily gleaned from the job announcement.

Come up with an answer bank to questions you will hear. All companies will ask a question,about how well you work as a team, examples of large projects you have completed, and what you did if you disagree with a superior. So, have those answers prepared before the interview.

Ask the interviewers what they like about working for the company.

Ask interviewers how long they have been with the company. After all, you are seeking a job in,which you can see yourself in long term.

Yes. You failed

You lose

You get nothing
243797.jpg

I got the job after every interviews I was in.

So would say yes.

I’m ok with interviews, but ask me to speak in front of a camera and i turn into the village idiot.

I've interviewed a decent amount of folks over the years and I don't know if I'd say it's a skill in itself, but more a reflection of someone's social skills and how they handle stressful situations. Obviously, there's also the aspect of how well the interviewee manages technical questions, but in my mind, that's a just the aggregate ability of how the person combines technical knowledge with the previously mentioned skills.

I like to think I interview well. I've gotten offers for all 4 professional interviews I've sat in on so I think my belief is justified. IMO it's important to show enthusiasm or interest for the type of work being done (without being overzealous and fake), and expressing that you value growth and security.

Its wild

Yes I feel like i am.

How where the people bad?

Back