Are you for or against the UFC introducing straw weight & atom weight divisions?

Against. I mean the average height of guys at FLW is like 5'3" or something. How much smaller can you go before it becomes a spectacle?

For the record I enjoy the FLWs I just think anyone who weighs less than 130lbs needs to bulk up and should fight at 125.

whatever gives me more fights i am for

i like watching mma fights

even if they are smaller people

Dunno where they'd get the dudes to build a division like that, it's practically a boy weight. How many fighters are going to struggle to make 125?

Am I against it though? Hells to the naw. I must be one of ten people left on Sherdog that likes more MMA, not less.

I don't care. If it happens, it means that someone with money had some faith that talent could grow there - if it does, I'll be excited. If it doesn't, then whatever, at least we'll get more than one fight on the UFC Fight Pass prelims.

Find me some Bruce Lee look-alike motherfucker though and I might be more enthusiastic.

I think flyweight is the lowest weight the UFC should have. I don't have anything against a 115 lbs. division but there already seems to be a dearth of talent at 125, so I can only imagine how limited a 115 lbs. division would be.

I think flyweight is the lowest weight the UFC should have. I don't have anything against a 115 lbs. division but there already seems to be a dearth of talent at 125, so I can only imagine how limited a 115 lbs. division would be.

125 has plenty of talent

But no to 115.

99% sure there's not even a 105 mens weight class, for good reason.

That's not even remotely the same. The UFC was still getting settled back then, so adding a weight class for the size of the average male was only natural.

How many adult males have you met who are 5'2 and weigh 120 lbs?

Have you ever watched any of Jeff Fenech's fights? He started out at Bantamweight (118) in boxing and was a beast. He was 5' 71/2."

Lets hope not, I would hate to see more current talent be cut for such shallow divisions. The UFC seems to have no clue how to market anymore I don't think it would benefit them at all. Look at 135 and 125 now, most people have no idea who these guys are. Look at 135 womens(besides Ronda who is the most marketed fighter in the UFC) and no one knows who most of them are either. I guess it may help the UFC's bottom line more paying them 7/7 and being able to cut guys who make more money, which seems to be the UFC's strategy these days. They need to build and highlight people that already fight for them, 75% of the roster most people don't know these days.

Won't bother me

I'm assuming you're talking about men's divisions

anyhow, no, Im not against a men's strawweight division. Would be great for international expansion (Thailand, Cuba, the Middle East etc...)

atom weight will be viable in the future, but focus on strawweight first

in the future maybe I guess, midget boxing is funny. Just please fill out the divisions you have before focusing on even more.

I think they should try it out for a year, and if it doesn't work out, then scrap it. That's what they should have done with the WBW division as well.

Jesus Christ might as well have a midget w/AIDS division

women: absolutely.

Men: no way in hell.

I'm a big fan of the smaller weight classes, but no way in hell do they need to add anything smaller than 125. Mighty Mouse is about a small of a person you can find. So there's no reason that any man wanting to compete can't build enough muscle to get to 125, even if they're 5'2"

For it. The smaller weights put on exciting fights. I think they should have all lightweight and below events regularly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back