Are you excited for the return of Jon Jones?

He's #2 to no one.

Except maybe that pregnant chick in civil court.

funny, but he's still only #3 p4p on my list. Fedor is #1, and GSP is #2

That said, do I think Jon Jones is dangerously close to surpassing both? Absolutely

He cant get back fast enough. LHW sucks right now.

for all of the Jones nuthuggers - if God didn't endow him with an 84' reach he would simply be a good fighter, not dominant. I could guarantee if he had a 76'-78' reach Cormier would destroy him.

JJ is no doubt very good - he uses his unusual structural gifts well. But without them he would be just a top-10 fighter vying for his round of shots at the title and maybe having the championship for a fight or two.

If I had to pick the most impressive 'fighting skills' between DC and JJ - I would pick DC every day of the year. That said I don't think DC will every beat JJ - but it's all due to JJ's body structure advantage, not his fighting skill (though JJ is certainly highly skilled). JJ holds a 12' reach advantage over DC - that's massive. And for two high-level guys it's pretty much an insurmountable obstacle. But that doesn't mean JJ has better fighting skills - it just means he can throw and land techniques from a distance that DC can't even come within 3 inches of landing a return strike. That's like an 18-yr old fighting a 13-yr old.

The pathetic thing in their first fight is that DC walked out of that fight totally unscarred. He certainly lost the fight - but for fighting a guy that has a 12' reach advantage on you and to walk away with zero marks was something that no one else but DC accomplished. Pretty amazing given that reach disadvantage.

So many "ifs". lol

He isn't coming back, I don't think. That legal thing, title stripping, and suspension was the perfect opportunity for him to "retire" before harming his legacy in the octagon. He'll have a huge mystique in years to come if he stays out of fighting.

for all of the Jones nuthuggers - if God didn't endow him with an 84' reach he would simply be a good fighter, not dominant. I could guarantee if he had a 76'-78' reach Cormier would destroy him.

JJ is no doubt very good - he uses his unusual structural gifts well. But without them he would be just a top-10 fighter vying for his round of shots at the title and maybe having the championship for a fight or two.

I'm not convinced of this. Sure, Jones uses his physical attributes well, but that deft use is the key to his success, not the physiognomy itself. Tall, lanky guys have by no means ruled MMA; plenty of them have sucked. Every body type has its advantages; Jones' gift has been to identify and exploit the potential of his build. I think someone with talent would come up with winning strategies whatever physiognomy he happened to be born with.

If I had to pick the most impressive 'fighting skills' between DC and JJ - I would pick DC every day of the year. That said I don't think DC will every beat JJ - but it's all due to JJ's body structure advantage, not his fighting skill (though JJ is certainly highly skilled). JJ holds a 12' reach advantage over DC - that's massive. And for two high-level guys it's pretty much an insurmountable obstacle. But that doesn't mean JJ has better fighting skills - it just means he can throw and land techniques from a distance that DC can't even come within 3 inches of landing a return strike. That's like an 18-yr old fighting a 13-yr old.

The pathetic thing in their first fight is that DC walked out of that fight totally unscarred. He certainly lost the fight - but for fighting a guy that has a 12' reach advantage on you and to walk away with zero marks was something that no one else but DC accomplished. Pretty amazing given that reach disadvantage.

LOL. If, If.

No one on earth except you thinks DC has better fighting skills.

Jones is literally more skilled in EVERY aspect of fighting.

He WEIGHS less than DC, while having longer arms and legs.

If he wasn't so long and lanky he'd probably be a middleweight.

Now get back to your main account.

After he serves time in jail like anyone else that's done what he did? sure.

Fuck that waste of skin.

If he never comes back, I'd be A-OK with it. He does NOT deserve the money and fame that come with being a professional athlete. Not only that, he can't handle it.

If he comes back, the time is ticking down on his next DUI/possible homicide.

Lol I'm one of Jones' biggest haters but nobody at 205 is beating him. Sure as hell not Gus or DC. The only intriguing fight for him is Rumble and Even he will likely get rolled and I say that as a Humble fan.

You're probably more confident than jones himself then, seeing as how he blatantly ducked gustafsson after getting the ass whooping of his life. Cormier also did extremely well for most of the fight, he just faded late. Herb dean didn't do him any favors either, allowing jones to just press him up against the cage with no action for minutes at a time. Absolutely disgraceful.

Not really, but everything that keeps Bader away from a title fight is welcomed by me.

With as flaccid as the NM justice system is, there is literally 0% chance of Bones doing any time. There are murderous sociopaths released on paltry ($1500 cash) bonds all the time, on charges that make Bones look like a choirboy. No way Bones with a competent lawyer will do anything more than a Lindsay Lohan sentence.

Is there any news on his trial? I would think that a case like this with a high profile athlete would hop its way to the front of the line. Not a fan of him, but I definitely would like to see him back in action asap. If the trial is delayed for like another year, and he gets like a 3 year sentence, that's a sizable chunk of time off of his career.

So we probably have all seen the footage of Bones sparring with Kyle Noke. Seems that he has his mind right and is ready to reclaim what is rightfully his? Are you excited to see the #2 P4P king back?

There are two things my boy Jones knows about, thats kicking ass and snorting coke and now...he's all out of coke.

No he's not, he's just hiding it better now.

I want to see him smash DC, but other than that I don't really care. If Gus or anyone else beats DC, then I don't at all care to see him again. The guy is a piece of shit. Amazing fighter, but a piece of shit.

As a fan, I'd love for him to come back and regain his title and defend it again. What I've seen in his absence, is that even the haters really want him back. The LHW division at this point doesn't really matter without him. He's such a divisive character coupled with his amazing fight skills, it makes the whole thing so damn interesting. Then you got the individuals that get so damn personal with everything, they can't be bothered with witnessing something great.

Back