Are you excited for the return of Jon Jones?

Not necessarily to see him, more to see someone kick his ass (dc, Alex, etc.)

Because of what exactly ?

For saving us from the thought of even remotely considering Bader or a washed up Evans a legit contender?

From stopping DC from being so smug and actually thinking he's the true champ?

So we don't have to hear about Rousey all the time?

Not necessarily to see him, more to see someone kick his ass (dc, Alex, etc.)

Lol I'm one of Jones' biggest haters but nobody at 205 is beating him. Sure as hell not Gus or DC. The only intriguing fight for him is Rumble and Even he will likely get rolled and I say that as a Humble fan.

we still need the gus rematch and him vs AJ after he beats DC again

for all of the Jones nuthuggers - if God didn't endow him with an 84' reach he would simply be a good fighter, not dominant. I could guarantee if he had a 76'-78' reach Cormier would destroy him.

JJ is no doubt very good - he uses his unusual structural gifts well. But without them he would be just a top-10 fighter vying for his round of shots at the title and maybe having the championship for a fight or two.

If I had to pick the most impressive 'fighting skills' between DC and JJ - I would pick DC every day of the year. That said I don't think DC will every beat JJ - but it's all due to JJ's body structure advantage, not his fighting skill (though JJ is certainly highly skilled). JJ holds a 12' reach advantage over DC - that's massive. And for two high-level guys it's pretty much an insurmountable obstacle. But that doesn't mean JJ has better fighting skills - it just means he can throw and land techniques from a distance that DC can't even come within 3 inches of landing a return strike. That's like an 18-yr old fighting a 13-yr old.

The pathetic thing in their first fight is that DC walked out of that fight totally unscarred. He certainly lost the fight - but for fighting a guy that has a 12' reach advantage on you and to walk away with zero marks was something that no one else but DC accomplished. Pretty amazing given that reach disadvantage.

for all of the Jones nuthuggers - if God didn't endow him with an 84' reach he would simply be a good fighter, not dominant. I could guarantee if he had a 76'-78' reach Cormier would destroy him.

JJ is no doubt very good - he uses his unusual structural gifts well. But without them he would be just a top-10 fighter vying for his round of shots at the title and maybe having the championship for a fight or two.

If I had to pick the most impressive 'fighting skills' between DC and JJ - I would pick DC every day of the year. That said I don't think DC will every beat JJ - but it's all due to JJ's body structure advantage, not his fighting skill (though JJ is certainly highly skilled). JJ holds a 12' reach advantage over DC - that's massive. And for two high-level guys it's pretty much an insurmountable obstacle. But that doesn't mean JJ has better fighting skills - it just means he can throw and land techniques from a distance that DC can't even come within 3 inches of landing a return strike. That's like an 18-yr old fighting a 13-yr old.

The pathetic thing in their first fight is that DC walked out of that fight totally unscarred. He certainly lost the fight - but for fighting a guy that has a 12' reach advantage on you and to walk away with zero marks was something that no one else but DC accomplished. Pretty amazing given that reach disadvantage.

This post reads like a junior high essay about butthurt, ignorance, and stupidity.

Let's see what DC said about the damage he took from Jon.

The bigger question is how long until he f-s up? I say he has one minor infraction three months after returning and another biggie within 18 months.

Maybe he will start looking at some of those tats he wears and stop driving his car into people. He might clean out the division but he is 0-2 in the courts.

Heh. :)

At least we know McGregor will unify the belt come UFC 194. The others are still up in the air.

whos we and what others robbie and dillashaw took the belts from the champions stop living in lala land :eek:

and if if's and buts were candy and nuts... wait what was I talking about I got hungry

I absolutely hate Jon Jones. I have rooted against him in every one of his fights. that being said, I miss his presence in the ufc.

whos we and what others robbie and dillashaw took the belts from the champions stop living in lala land :eek:

Robbie beat GSP, and TJ beat Cruz? Show me the footage and card info. I never saw that. Show me the evidence. :redface:

Of course excited for the return of Jon Jones, the top of the few must order PPV draws. Was something announced about his return???

In my eyes he's damn near achieved everything possible in MMA.

The only thing I see left for him is a UFC HW stap. I'd prefer he come back and challenge the HW title holder, and if he wins, retire. Fuck the idiots saying he'd have to defend the HW belt x amount of time or go fight Gus again or do this or that. They're idiots that haven't followed MMA very long to understand what Jon has achieved in this sport.

I'm sure he's more in this for the money though at this point as he's lost all his sponsers so it's unlikely it happens the way I'd prefer to see it. Either way I love watching the guy compete.

Back