Are you convinced that McGregor had an injured ACL vs Mendes?

Absolutely yes I am. When I was watching the mendes fight, I immediately noticed his movement wasn't there and mentioned to my friend at the bar he was for sure injured. the way he swung his leg up when he was getting take downs showed he was avoiding impacts to the knees and such.

This is just my opinion, but if you watch this fight again, you'll notice he's not as "bouncy" as usual

At first I didn't believe it and thought he was just talking himself up, but looking back at that fight and then watching the Aldo fight, you can see that McGregor is a LOT more fluid in those 13 seconds vs Aldo than he was during the Mendes fight. That back and forth movement is impressive and he was getting in and out of striking range very quickly.

It was noticeable he had a tough cut this time. When he started kicking Mendes caught some of hes kicks, then i knew he was not right. Conor when he kicks they come fast not slow.

Conors camp claims an injury which could very well be a lie, and people shit on anyone saying Mendes only had 2 weeks to train, which we know is fact. Cool.

For a guy that prides himself on movement and always talking about movement, you would think he would be more spry up against a wrestler which he clearly wasn't (because the injury is legit).

Now watch the Aldo fight. Even before the fight, he was telling everyone how he "cut no corners in his preparation" which means he had a 100% top camp. Most people say things like that AFTER the fight... he says it before the fight.

Him being injured has been confirmed by just about everyone on his team. I seriously doubt they would lie considering he won the fight. what reason would there be to lie? Especially since he is coming off of a major acl surgery. It's not at all unlikely than a re-injury would take place.

The reason to lie would be to cover up the fact that his takedown defense is pretty bad.

Depends...do you believe anderson had a cracked rib in the 1st chael fight?

Never before in history has 13 seconds given so many so much hope

Already had Major acl surgery - check. Re-injuries are very likely - check. End of story.

Apparently surgically repaired ligaments are supposed to be even stronger than they were before. Re-injuries seem less likely.

The same people who doubted Aldo's x-rays, are more than willing to take Conor's words for it

I thought this was patently obvious, as did the others watching live with me. McGregor's movement during the Mendes fight was sluggish by his own standards. Unfortunately it seems to have been taken down from vimeo, but there was a super slo-mo version of the Aldo fight. It really exemplified how a fit McGregor can move. The bounce McGregor had on his feet for those 13 seconds was sublime.

Yes, there are a gif who prove that. It's a angle of his finish. He of course used a lot of his reach to find Mendes with that left, and it forced his knees a little bit and in that angle it was cleary he was very hurt because he did that.

Probably had a little trouble with his knee but I doubt the severity of it considering he was throwing spinning kicks the entire fight. He probably played it up because Mendes was pretty much at his worst and still exposed some holes.

I guess it's true Connie is part Brazilian after all.

well he certainty didnt blow out his ACL, if he did then he wouldnt have been able to even stand, let alone fight. he would have to had surgery which would have forced him out for about 8 months. But yeah he might have had some sort of other knee injury that is not serious but effects your movement.

His coach said his knee was healed two weeks before the fight.

You can tell the difference in 13 seconds?

Yes, because the difference is pretty damn obvious.

Just watch his feet and you will see it. He was never that loose in the Mendes fight.

GargantuanFlakyBaldeagle.gif

FavorableClumsyIrishdraughthorse.gif

He looked shit on the ground against Dave Hill and he looked like he hadn't improved since then.

So no, I don't believe his grappling is top ten calibre.
The guillotine escape against Mendes was sublime. I'd have thought a grappling expert like you would have noticed that.

Back