Are You Against GMOs?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
As the title asks, are you in favor of, or against genetically modified organisms?

If yes/no to either question, why?

Because of media? news? or, research?

I'm against the need to use GMO seeds in order to achieve yields large enough to feed the entire world.

Countries like Argentina, Brasil, Canada, and USA shouldn't be exporting as much food as they do to other countries. Other countries need to be self-sustaining.

They also encourage poor farming practices. For example, Round-up ready crops mean that farmers can just spray more Round-up on their crops. Another example, modified soybeans are designed to grow in dried up land, so they can keep cutting more Amazon forest and plant more soybeans once the soil dries up (which is what happens once the lush canopy is gone).

So, yeah, I'm a little against.

Last edited:
Nope, I'm not against them at all.
Because if science can increase the yield of food crops & make them more nutrient-rich than nature can then I'm all for it.

_5170442.png

Complete indifference.

The term GMO casts a wide shadow. Almost every modern crop has been genetically modified from it's original form. So ultimately, I think it's a lot of bullshit fear-mongering. GMOs are fine in my book.

The term GMO casts a wide shadow. Almost every modern crop has been genetically modified from it's original form. So ultimately, I think it's a lot of bullshit fear-mongering. GMOs are fine in my book.

Humans have been selectively breeding food crops & animals for thousands of years, it's a little late now to be getting bent out of shape over it. Unless you're eating only heirloom varieties of food, you're shoving GMOs down your pie hole.

Of course I support genetic engineering.

The only thing I’m miffed about is science hasn’t made me a perma-kitten yet.

Back