Are you addicted to social media?

Sherdog isn't social media. It's a forum. Plus, I'm not sociable here.
<TrumpWrong1>

That's like saying alcohol isn't a drug.

Forums are social media, dude.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_media
Wikipedia said:
Social media are computer-mediated technologies that facilitate the creation and sharing of information, ideas, career interests and other forms of expression via virtual communities and networks.[1] The variety of stand-alone and built-in social media services currently available introduces challenges of definition; however, there are some common features:[2]

1. Social media are interactive Web 2.0 Internet-based applications.[2][3]
  2. User-generated content, such as text posts or comments, digital photos or videos, and data generated through all online interactions, is the lifeblood of social media.[2][3]
  3. Users create service-specific profiles for the website or app that are designed and maintained by the social media organization.[2][4]
  4. Social media facilitate the development of online social networks by connecting a user's profile with those of other individuals or groups.[2][4]
This is so basic. Sherdog is social media. Reddit is social media. It's all social media.

What follows are questions about the business running the platform that you use, how much you know about it, and how you will react to those truths.

I got off several months earlier, maybe closer to a year, but I would have left then if I hadn't already. The Cambridge Analytica scandal was an intolerable transgression.
I never got into any of it because it seemed clear that my data would be mined in a very ... analytical way, and be used to target me for more than the usual stuff.
When the scandal happened, I'm certain I wasn't the only person who felt a little Nostradamussy

I remember reading an article from a Google designer that basically said the scrolling down action on social media apps is designed on purpose to be like the reels on a slot machine scrolling down. It apparently hits the same endorphins.

You are always scrolling and hoping the next one will be awesome...oh it's crap... The next one will be good tho... Oh it's crap, and so on...

I can imagine it being addictive, because it's designed to be.

Had a quick look and couldn't find the article tho.

Almost one day in and I feel actually pretty good about it, I recorded for my YouTube channel today and I'll be editing tonight.

Nope i actually hate it. I keep a facebook account i never update because friends use ot to contact me and thats it

I just deactivated my Facebook and Instagram, I realize I spend way too much time there looking at other people's life, time I could use working on myself.

Almost one day in and I feel actually pretty good about it

... he said, on a karate subforum, somewhere deep within the bowels of the interwebz.

I have no FB or IG, don't even know how Twitter works. Sherdog is the only forum I post on and that's become rarer lately so social media can kiss my ass

Depends. Is Chaturbate considered social media?

No, if I'm doing something that I think others may find interesting I'll make a post. Like this weekend I'm skydiving so I'll post whatever photos the company takes. If nothing is going on though I don't go on there. It's funny because a while back my 80 year old grandma called to check on me, because "I never see you post on Facebook, and I want to make sure you're doing ok" lol.

Yes, obviously.

What do you think Sherdog is?
Eh a forum and social media aren't really the same thing, just because both are on the internet

I'd gladly delete if I had a p*ssy to fook.

But no... it will get only worse if I do it.

IIf it isn't getting you laid anyway, what's the point? You're holding out on hope?

Not at all.

The only time I really browse social media is Instagram when I'm taking a shit.

<TrumpWrong1>

That's like saying alcohol isn't a drug.

Forums are social media, dude.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_media

This is so basic. Sherdog is social media. Reddit is social media. It's all social media.

Screw what wikipedia says, the de facto definition is something like Facebook, IG and Myspace.

- You have a profile with pictures of yourself.

- There are actually women, most of whom are more into it than the men... all we have here is what, @Kardashians ?

-You can follow celebrities

- Many people you follow/befriend you may actually know.

myspace hooks ups were the best.

Facebook is blah, instagram is not bad - I like taking pictures (and no my life is not awesome) just cool things I see.

Screw what wikipedia says, the de facto definition is something like Facebook, IG and Myspace.

- You have a profile with pictures of yourself.

- There are actually women, most of whom are more into it than the men... all we have here is what, @Kardashians ?

-You can follow celebrities

- Many people you follow/befriend you may actually know.
Just the fact that we're in a fairly closed group and anonymous makes this unlike actual social media.

On Sherdog, Instagram and Facebook every single day.

No Facebook
No Instagram
No Twitter

Only Sherdog

Back