Are you a Ronda Rousey fan or not?

She's cool.

It was a pleasure watching her in the beginning of her journey in strikeforce and seeing her achieve nationwide recognition.

I bet the few people that were following her since her Judo competition days feel even more privileged.

You are right on.
I've followed her since the start of her second Olympic run, since about 2005. Only reason I now (somewhat) follow mma is because of Rousey.

To see her rise from obscurity to world wide fame has been mind blowing.

She's good for the sport, and what she does in the cage is amazing.

She used to fit into the BJ Penn & Diaz bracket of I dislike them as people(or what they present themselves to be) but enjoy their fights. However Rousey keeps on running from Cyborg and fighting cans so she doesn't even make that bracket now.

tumblr_lzke3n7qp51qchpilo1_r1_500.jpg

Yes. She's a wonderful fighter.

I'm not a fan.

But this is probably because I view WMMA the same way I view college sports. I don't watch college sports or WMMA because I generally want to see the best of the best all the time.

Lets see...

- not a single fight gone to decision, all finishes
- most active UFC champion on the roster, defends more often than some some champions combined
- never dropped out of a fight, even while requiring surgery
- gives respect to those who give respect back
- makes a 3rd of Sherdog piss their pants in anger

Yup, definitely a fan

I love the fact that Rousey wears her heart on her sleeve. She's not into fake feud, and give the exact same level of respect back to her opponent, whose words she always take personally.

The UFC 157 photoshoot was particularly hilarious because Liz Carmouche was cracking Rousey up the entire time:

Former SF champion Miesha Tate started the bad blood in Strikeforce by talking shit about how Rousey "doesn't deserve a title shot" against her. They are enemies ever since, to the astonishment of FOX Noobs in the Heavies who had no idea about the feud until TUF 19.

ronda-rousey-wont-shake-miesha-tate-hand-ufc-168.gif

Zingano gave Rousey nothing but respect before their fight, and she reciprocated right back, even kneel down to console her after that devastating lost.

26330BDE00000578-2974091-image-a-31_1425190318901.jpg

ab33a976f4d2d988a6b8f14d8158e4ed.jpg

Deeply-delussional Correia was being a total Bethe, and got the exact same "Don't Cry" from the weigh-in tossed back in her face as soon as the little birdies stop flying around her head.

z7p51mM.gif

Anyone who say Rousey is "fake" is from Bizarro world. Rousey is as real as it gets!

Last edited:
Only "fake" people on this thread are people claiming that they have no opinion on her

No, she seems like a horrible person, she's surrounded herself with horrible people, her fans are making sherdog a horrible place

100% total Ronda Rousey mark and have been since the moment I watched her sub a screaming Sarah D'Alelio on Strikeforce Challengers 8/12/2011.

I don't like her, but I do think she is legit talented.

I don't like her...but it's a mild dislike that is close to the border of indifference.

absolutely. whats not to like? good looking, dominate, charismatic.. haters smh

I have nothing against her personally but i root for her to lose because I hope once she retires that the UFC will get rid of the women.

This. I love ronda. Its not her fault that her division is still in infancy. It took someone like her to raise the bar. The 135 female fighters will only get better as time moves forward. As with all things that evolve.

Back