Are you a Ronda Rousey fan or not?

Ya, I know what to expect from her fights and she delivers.

The JBG is pleased with the work of Our Lady of Armbars.

I'm indifferent. I'm not going to go out and get a RR shirt or buy into this "female empowerment" thing that women think is going on. Women throughout history have been tough as heck way before Ronda showed up. However, I think that she is good for the sport. People were talking about all the talk Conor gets...that is NOTHING compared to the talk Ronda gets. ESPN, mainstream newscasts, daytime talk shows, my FB page, coworkers, people at church. Ronda is a bonafide superstar whether we like it or not, and she deserves a lot of credit.

I don't like watching the ladies fight, so I don't consider myself a fan. I do respect her absolute supremacy in her division, she seems unbeatable and just crushes the very best opposition on offer. I get not loving her acting, or her personality, but she is a remarkable fighter.

Her fans are annoying and for some reason cannot accept that, at one point in time, she dropped to 135lbs most likely because she felt she wasn't ready to face Cyborg (she said that the reason was to get the 135lbs belt and to make the fight against Cris more compelling). She's an amazing athlete, no doubt. I think she's smart in the sense that she's more concerned about the business side of things than about proving she's the best female MMA fighter on the planet. In any case, I think the willingness to take up challenges is more admirable than conducting business wisely. Sadly most people value "winning", "being undefeated" and whatnot and that's why she cannot risk it, but it'd be amazing and show a lot of courage on her part to step up and face Cyborg at 145lbs.

Cyborg is the one that has to prove she's the best female fighter on the planet. Ronda's record is more impressive than Cyborg's. Cyborg has fought a total of 2 legit oppponents, in Gina Carano and Marloes Coenan. While Rousey beat Tate twice, Zingano, and McMann. Ronda has already staked her claim as the best female fighter, if Cyborg wants to dispute that claim, all she has to do is make the weight.

qQh0DBncuFJwQ.gif

A Rousey fan no. Arousey maybe.

I don't watch WMMA so I have no opinion.

Cyborg is the one that has to prove she's the best female fighter on the planet. Ronda's record is more impressive than Cyborg's. Cyborg has fought a total of 2 legit oppponents, in Gina Carano and Marloes Coenan. While Rousey beat Tate twice, Zingano, and McMann. Ronda has already staked her claim as the best female fighter, if Cyborg wants to dispute that claim, all she has to do is make the weight.
If you think Ronda is a better MMA fighter than Cyborg, that's up to you. Maybe more people agree with you, but I'm not convinced. Ronda could change my mind without fighting Cyborg if she took a Muay Thai bout against Jorina Baars and performed better than Cris.

I don't see why anyone wouldn't be a fan of RR. At least as a fighter. She's an abrasive personality and not an especially likable person but looking at the fighting side, which is all I'm really bothered about, she's awesome.
She fights at a high pace and is ALWAYS looking to finish. Isn't that what you want to see from any fighter?
You could complain she's not had much in the way of competition, but that's not her fault. She can only fight who they put in front of her.

Hell no. The way a fighter carries them self outside the cage is more important then ability. She has mediocre opponents, she's fake, arrogant, disrespectful and the prime flag carrier for the ufc propaganda. People that like her tend to not hold any of that stuff in high regard.

I'm a fan. She like Conor, brings so much excitement to an event. And she has the best walk out of any fighter.

cant stand her, hate her.. absolutely hate her...

Her fans are annoying and for some reason cannot accept that, at one point in time, she dropped to 135lbs most likely because she felt she wasn't ready to face Cyborg (she said that the reason was to get the 135lbs belt and to make the fight against Cris more compelling). She's an amazing athlete, no doubt. I think she's smart in the sense that she's more concerned about the business side of things than about proving she's the best female MMA fighter on the planet. In any case, I think the willingness to take up challenges is more admirable than conducting business wisely. Sadly most people value "winning", "being undefeated" and whatnot and that's why she cannot risk it, but it'd be amazing and show a lot of courage on her part to step up and face Cyborg at 145lbs.

For sure.

If you think Ronda is a better MMA fighter than Cyborg, that's up to you. Maybe more people agree with you, but I'm not convinced. Ronda could change my mind without fighting Cyborg if she took a Muay Thai bout against Jorina Baars and performed better than Cris.

Being a better striker doesn't equal being a better MMA fighter. You sound like an Overeem fan after he won the K-1 GP. Maybe if Cyborg took a Judo match with an Olympic Judoka and did well I might change my mind about her.

Hell no. The way a fighter carries them self outside the cage is more important then ability. She has mediocre opponents, she's fake, arrogant, disrespectful and the prime flag carrier for the ufc propaganda. People that like her tend to not hold any of that stuff in high regard.

Yeah, as a fellow fight fan, I also value a fighter's behavior in his/her personal life over performance in fights.

:-l

I need a "like AND dislike" option. I'm more yes than no, though.

Being a better striker doesn't equal being a better MMA fighter. You sound like an Overeem fan after he won the K-1 GP. Maybe if Cyborg took a Judo match with an Olympic Judoka and did well I might change my mind about her.
I understand that you have your reasons to think Ronda is a better MMA fighter and I wasn't making the point that "being a better striker equals being a better MMA fighter". I think it's pretty legitimate to have an opinion either way and we can't really know, and that's why I want to see this fight (preferably at 145lbs). In any case, Cris has really good grappling credentials (maybe not as good as Ronda's, but she's an ADCC medalist) and I think she's more well-rounded than Ronda and would be successful in a fight against her.

Back