Are you a "pussy" if you wear headgear in class?

FStep said:
prove yourself on the matt and you can go to training wearing a dress and no one will think you are a pussy

But they will think you're gay :)

Definitely not a puss for wearing headgear.The first time my ears started hurting after grappling training I went out and bought headgear.My one frined,the best grappler in our school,said I was weird,but our instructor said I was the only smart one in the school for not wanting cauli.

If they call you a puss,be like "maybe I am,but I'll be the only one here getting any,since you guys' ears look ugly as sh*t."

If you don't want it, then where the fucking headgear.

Who cares what other people think?

And even so, if you show up to train I don't see anyone giving a fuck. It's how you train man, not what you look like doing it.

Fight_Song said:
saku and many others have huge cauli's and i'm sure they have better technique and etc. shit happens if you roll enogh. period.

Saku is a submission wrestler, he also competes in MMA. Of course he is going to cauli ears with his STYLE of fighting. Look at many of the BB's in BJJ, almost all of them don't have any.

Extreme cauliflowers is NOT manly, just ugly

ZGSON said:
I know that the cauliflower ear question gets brought up alot ( i searched), but no one has said wether or not you come off as "pussy" if you show up at class with headgear. No one in my class wears it, the instructor has some pretty good cauliflower ear, but this is his life and hes pro. Now, I want to excel, and put my all in this, but cauliflower ear is something I dont want no matter what. Again, is this considered a bitch move to be the only guy in class wearing head gear? By the way, at most, I do grappling/mma twice a week so I dont even know that I would even develop it.

if you have job that requires you to visit clients, then protect your ears....they won't understand how you got the ears and won't care.

Mirada said:
If you don't want it, then where the fucking headgear.

Who cares what other people think?

And even so, if you show up to train I don't see anyone giving a fuck. It's how you train man, not what you look like doing it.

exactly

I'd rather be a pussy and get pussy than
be a ego filled ugly lookin mofo!

BreakYourShin said:
Here in Australia, if you were to walk around with ears like that, they would think you were born that way, because wrestling and BJJ is so unknown.

Yeh, in England you only get cauli's for playing rugby. If you say you don't play rugby they assume your a mutant.

How about for Judo guys? Are people who do Judo as suseptible to cauli as people who do BJJ?

ZGSON said:
I know that the cauliflower ear question gets brought up alot ( i searched), but no one has said wether or not you come off as "pussy" if you show up at class with headgear. No one in my class wears it, the instructor has some pretty good cauliflower ear, but this is his life and hes pro. Now, I want to excel, and put my all in this, but cauliflower ear is something I dont want no matter what. Again, is this considered a bitch move to be the only guy in class wearing head gear? By the way, at most, I do grappling/mma twice a week so I dont even know that I would even develop it.

our Judo black belt in our BJJ class wears it half the time hes not a pussy but I think it kinda is pussy but not for him hahaa

Back