Are you a jerk on the road?

I'm extremely passive when I drive.....until someone flashes their lights at me because I'm going the speed limit. Then I fly into a murderous rage and will guarantee to ruin your day.

if you are in the left lane gotta move homie

Depends on how the horn is pressed, a slight beep, its as a way to communicate. A long 2 second+ BEEEEEPPPP, is a "fuck you"

Sure, someone can ride the horn in an aggressive way but I'm referring to just the quick beep.

I've seen many arguments or street altercations over a quick honk. When people are discussing it like we are, it's easy to discern between an aggressive or not aggressive honk. On the road, people (in my experience) are way quicker to be offended than to wonder why someone honked.

Are you an asshole on the road, or are you passive and just wait your turn/follow all traffic rules/let other people pass you?

You don't have to be passive and just wait your turn/follow traffic rules/let people pass you to be a courteous driver. You can go fast (ish), drive aggressively and still be courteous by using turn signals, not cutting people off, and not tailgating.

In fact some of the biggest assholes on the road are the most passive ones. Something that should be tattooed on the back of every person's hand when they get their license: IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY, TAKE IT! Some people try to be overly courteous and it fucks things up. Their intentions are good, but there are right of way guidelines for a reason.

I mean, if for instance, there is a long line to take an exit to go over a bridge, and you get on the back of the line while there are 3 lanes open next to the line, you're either not in a rush or you're just used to life shitting on you. Either way, you can't get mad if I take the lane next to you and I sneak in at the very beginning of the line. Don't worry, I'm really slick about it-- I don't wedge myself in inch by inch, I will find an opening while the line is moving and slide right in. By the time I'm in front of you you have only just begun to realize I stole your spot.

The passive aggressive drivers are hilarious to me. They'll see what I am trying to do but will do everything in their power to block me from getting ahead of them in the line. Fair enough-- I just get ahead of the car in front of yours, cuz the're's a strong chance he/she is a passive driver and hasn't realized yet that waiting on line is a waste of time. So in the end, I took your spot anyway.

You're a major asshole for this. Getting caught off guard by a surprise lane merger is one thing. Willingly doing this on a daily basis is narcissism at its worst. Grow the fuck up and realize you live in a society.

The lack of turn signals and lane changing etiquette on the freeways near me is astounding. I just want to tell these people...if you actually put your blinker on and make your intentions known, I will GLADLY let you in. But when you're just impatiently swerving in and out trying to get 2 cars ahead of where you were at the expense of everyone else on the road, I'm not gonna do shit to accommodate you.

I don't run the speed limit most of the time (except a school zone) and have been known to push a yellow light.

People that like to cut in and not wait are the reason I had an old beater car to drive to work. It was a great way to pass the drive time to see the look on someone's face when they realized I was not going to let them in and was going to hit them in the side of their car so no matter what it would be their fault.

On the bike I (like many bikers) carry marbles (or ball bearing or some other things like spark plug ceramic) in my vest pocket so if you fuck with me I can get ahead of you and in front of you then throw them up high over my shoulder, it does a job on the windshield. Then also most times I'm on the bike I'm caring so if they want to push it that far.

So I guess depending on the situation I'm a 5 up to a 11 or 12.

You sound like a fucking douchebag.

if you are in the left lane gotta move homie

if I drive in the left lane I usually keep with the flow of traffic, but that does not mean I'm going 90 miles an hour. You think I'm moving over doing 80 you better guess again.

Me, when somebody cuts me off:

*HOOOOONK*

"You piece of shit! I should kick your fuckin' ass, and then go fuck your wife! You fuckin' moron! FUCK YOU!!!!

We come to a stop and the guy gets out of his car and confronts me:

*Winds down window*

Guy - "You gotta probem buddy?"

Me - "Me? No Sir."

Guy - "Why are honking at me and giving me the finger?"

Me - Oh' that? I'm rehearsing for a play. Sorry man."

Sure, someone can ride the horn in an aggressive way but I'm referring to just the quick beep.

I've seen many arguments or street altercations over a quick honk. When people are discussing it like we are, it's easy to discern between an aggressive or not aggressive honk. On the road, people (in my experience) are way quicker to be offended than to wonder why someone honked.

I've noticed this varies by locality too.

I'm in Chicago, and anywhere near the city, especially where taxis are prevalent, horns are used very liberally simply as a means of communication. Nobody really gets offended, it's all just a way to keep things moving.

When I go back to my hometown in Minnesota - known for "minnesota nice" - horns are simply not used...and if they are it means the driver is PISSED about something.

I agree it's a nice way to communicate and people shouldn't take it personally.

If someone ever did this to me I would most likely flip out and run you over. You should be careful and make better decisions.

Read my next posts I have only ever done this with a person that was aggressive to the point of an attack with me. This is a warring to back the fuck off. If they continue the assault then I will start putting rounds through the windshield to stop the assault.

Whats there to explain slowly? You threw marbles at someone's window twice with no regard for the other people on the road. Basically what you're telling me is that two people have tried to kill you in cold blood. In my 33 years of life, never have I heard of someone intentionally trying my to kill someone else on the road.

In both times I waited until we cleared traffic, in both time I was moving way above the speed limit to get away from them.

You need to get out more and read if you have never heard of someone attacking someone.

Here are just two times.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...Motorcycle-Coronado-Bay-Bridge-208060031.html

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...torcycle-in-road-rage-incident-168285826.html

In my case once I knew the people and it was a case where they thought it was a good time to come after me.

In the other I have no idea what the hell their problem was other then I must not have moved over out of their way fast enough and the other lanes were clear or they were drunk or high or who knows what.

Both times were late at night and there was little traffic.

Like I said I mostly laid back as long as I'm left alone I have no problem with people passing me and will let people in if they are not just being assholes. You have to try and hurt me on purpose to really get me pissed.

if I drive in the left lane I usually keep with the flow of traffic, but that does not mean I'm going 90 miles an hour. You think I'm moving over doing 80 you better guess again.

Yep, I always am in the fast lane but never go above 80. If I see you coming and there is a lane open of course I'll move over, but don't fucking dare tailgate me when I'm going 80. That shit drives me crazy.

No. I normally jerk in the privacy of my own home... or at work if i get the urge. :wink:

Yep, I always am in the fast lane but never go above 80. If I see you coming and there is a lane open of course I'll move over, but don't fucking dare tailgate me when I'm going 80. That shit drives me crazy.

If you think its bad in a car try having someone so close you can not read their plate when on a bike.

Nope, you gotta move over bro.

Unless you're actively passing other people on your right...but you said you are just keeping with the flow of traffic. If that's the case, move over and you don't even have to adjust your speed, and let the faster guy pass. He may be egregiously breaking the speed limit, but if you aren't passing people yourself, move over.

Nope, you gotta move over bro.

Unless you're actively passing other people on your right...but you said you are just keeping with the flow of traffic. If that's the case, move over and you don't even have to adjust your speed, and let the faster guy pass. He may be egregiously breaking the speed limit, but if you aren't passing people yourself, move over.

This is true but if I'm doing 80 in a 60 at least give me the chance to get past the slower line of traffic before you try to ride my ass.

Only to people that use their cars as a weapon to try and hurt me. Is that something you do?

Never. I have to admit I thought you were referring to a bicycle initially. I try to be extremely careful around motorcycles.

I've noticed this varies by locality too.

I'm in Chicago, and anywhere near the city, especially where taxis are prevalent, horns are used very liberally simply as a means of communication. Nobody really gets offended, it's all just a way to keep things moving.

When I go back to my hometown in Minnesota - known for "minnesota nice" - horns are simply not used...and if they are it means the driver is PISSED about something.

I agree it's a nice way to communicate and people shouldn't take it personally.

Good point. Taxis and location definitely change the situation.

This is true but if I'm doing 80 in a 60 at least give me the chance to get past the slower line of traffic before you try to ride my ass.

Agreed. And a lot of times you might never get the chance to clear the slower line of traffic going 80 because that lane is just going slower and you're constantly passing...in which case the guy doing 90 can pound sand and he shouldn't be tailgating either. But the poster above said he was "keeping with the flow of traffic"...in which case he should move over.

If you drive the speed limit in the passing lane, you should be pulled out of your car and fucked in the street.

Seriously, that is the douchiest of all douche moves on the road. Right up there with tailgating on a residential street.

Never. I have to admit I thought you were referring to a bicycle initially. I try to be extremely careful around motorcycles.

Yep motorcycle, and most people cut bikers some slack and try and be carful because you can miss judge where they are especially if the bike is inexperienced and rides in a blind spot.

I try and cut cars some slack and be where I should so they can see and hear me and if they start over accidently and pull back I don't get pissed about shit like that as it can happen.

One story happen a few year ago where I passed some girl who was on her phone talking and a couple of stop lights latter I was stopped at a light checking my mirrors for cars coming up behind me (as I always do) when I saw a car coming in my lane and not slowing down and they were close. So I hit the throttle and pulled out of the way just in time as the car locked the brakes and slid to a stop with the driver door even and beside where I was.

I put the kick stand down and was going over to give the driver hell for almost killing me when I saw it was that same teen girl (I swear she looked 12 put had to be at least 16).

She was still holding the phone and had started crying hysterically, I didn't have the heart to chew her out and just got back on the bike and rode away. Like I said shit happens.

Probably about a 7... I'm not really an a-hole, but I do a lot of passing when people hold me up... I also don't let people over IF it is clear well in advance that their lane ends, yet they pass an entire line of cars and then try to cut over at the last minute.

^Pretty much this, I have no patience for slow drivers and will pass them if possible. I also hate it when people like TS try and cut in line, I always block those assholes out. If the other lane ends suddenly, however, and some people get trapped before they can merge, I will often let one of them in front of me.

Back