Are you a fan of Cyborg?

Fuck no. Roids to beat up undersized, mediocre Japanese girls and part time fighters? FUCK NO.

She cries when she people smaller than her won't fight her on her terms, what's not to be a fan of???

I'm not a fan of proven cheaters.

Define fair fight.

Because we live in a time where most fighters use PEDs just to stay on par with damn near everyone else in the sport who is also using them. These may be fighters who you admire, but it's the truth. Deal with it. In a perfect world PEDs don't exist. Unfortunately, we don't live in one.

These days I don't get upset when I see something about a fighter who got popped. I simply understand that they're doing what nearly everyone else in the sport is doing, and they were the one who was unlucky enough to get popped that day.

If you're gonna call Cyborg a cheater, then call everyone else who is revered in this sport but has been popped in the past a cheater.. or don't say anything.
I feel the same way you do. There are a lot of fighters who have never pissed hot who quite clearly don't pass the eye test to me. In more than one way.

Would people be a fan of Todd Duffee if his whole career consisted of beating 170-185lbers who weren't even top-20 in those lower weight classes? Would anyone respect that? find that badass?

What if you also found out Todd Duffee was on roids and tried to rig the scale in some of his fights against terrible fighters who fight in lower weight classes?

The one fight Cyborg got the most praise for and what made her such a badass was her win over Jan Finney. Here's a 125lber with a 11-10 record. Cyborg hit her 500 times and the ref had to stop it by TKO. What if Todd Duffee hit a shitty MW who failed to get into the TUF house 500 times and the ref had to mercy stop in the second round because the fighter wouldn't go out. Who would find that praise worthy? Would you be a proud MMA fan watching that?

I'm all for giving everyone a chance to compete, but I don't think I could stomach two 1,555-pound women slamming into each other.

I believe the correct verb is "colliding" for objects that big.

You know, like two planets.

Saw her fight live vs. Jan Finney, was pretty much the equivalent on the Soccer Man fight.

I will never support a steroid abuser.

I be cyborg fan. She seems to have been investing heavily in this. She genuinely loves to fight.

What Ronda loves? Who knows, may be money, may be she just likes to dominate people, may be she doesn't love anything, but I don't feel that she genuinely enjoys fighting.

I feel the same way you do. There are a lot of fighters who have never pissed hot who quite clearly don't pass the eye test to me. In more than one way.

Thank you. I never said I liked or supported it, but if you wanna be realistic about it, you have to accept PEDs as an inevitability.
Even now, as the UFC and their sub companies have adopted this new testing policy, there are equal amounts of people who are working to circumnavigate and loophole that same policy and most likely doing a good job.
Its sucks, I know.
So just watch the fights.
Enjoy them.
And don't judge one fighter over another.

She's ticked every unlikable box. She's cheated, she's turned herself into a freak show, she fights almost exclusively smaller/less-talented women who go up to fight her in the weakest division in fight sport history, she tries to call shots from the gutter leagues, she can't get her act together, she won''t shut up even though she knows she has no intention of getting her act together, she has cried so much she earned an immediate title shot if she makes weight, and she still won't do it...but she KEEPS TALKING, Tito is her mouthpiece, and she's stepping on every rake possible.

Make weight or go the fuck away, Juicetino.

^^ lol at juicetino, never seen that before.

I'm a fan of watching her fight. I used to be a fan of hers.

I'm just tired of her constantly calling out Ronda and talking about cutting while not even trying. I get why she does it but... she should cut the weight or accept her irrelevance.

Im a fan of the best fights, not the best fighters. The danger of becoming a fan of fighters, the people, is that you may go to any length to protect your emotional attachment to the fighter. Your brain will search for excuses to prevent legitimate, risky match ups so that you may live more comfortably with your fallacy, your notion that fighter "X" is greater than fighter "y".

Boxing used to be that people were fans of fights, legitimate competition and mostly ignored tribal differences and sentimental feelings. The best fought the best all the time, sick or in health, and the best fighters lost on a regular basis and no one cared or judged because they witnessed greatness. Boxing eventually learned that they could fight cream puff match ups, pad records, criminally match make and although the boxers would be inferior, more untested to what they were, the perception would be that they were greater owing to their records. It morphed to the age of the sham and quantity>quality.

MMA was once like the golden years of boxing, with guys like Dan Henderson, BJ Penn stepping up under all conditions, losing 2,3 in row an then KO'ing the best in the world. This was in the age when MMA was all about "proving it", it was the age when fans had a curiosity of finding out "who really was the best? what style is superior?", but those days are falling behind us. With the indoctrination of Ronda Rousey, the airbrushing, photoshopping, magazine covers, clothes, books, movies and her incredibly successful public Ponzi scheme, we are seeing UFC starting to modernize the current MO of boxing while starving age old fight fans and their quest for truth.

Cyborg, to real fight fans, represents the last sentiments of the golden years in MMA. She's not marketable or good looking, but the girl is legit and unafraid. It is not that there are really fans of Cyborgs, there are just fans that have no tolerance for bullshit and boxing's bogus tactics. Sadly, the UFC does as the majority decree on twitter, where the dollars are (just as boxing does) and I feel this match up hat will never happen....to boot, the modern UFC has a horrible track record of making superfights but a splendid track record of hyping the shit out of untested/unproven fighters and artificially engineering contenders. With AS/GSP they thought "why kill 1 cash cow when you can have 2?"....if they didn't make that fight, where atleast they had 1 guaranteed cash cow, there is no way they will make the fight that represents "why kill your biggest cash cow if you have no financially feasible replacement?"

Fight won't happen, mark my words.

This is a whole lot of romantic bullshit. Absolute bullshit. Boxing has ALWAYS been a swindler's game full of protected fighters. Ronda has made it possible through her charisma, dominance, and exposure for WMMA to have a place on the biggest stage. Cris coulda had that, but she fucked up and ruined her career. She literally ruined it. She confirmed what everyone knew all along: that she was a juiced freakshow. When the other shoe drops, well...you lose bargaining position. Cris filled her dinner plate with shit, and now she's crying about having to eat it. The saddest part are the ones who have such a hate-on for rousey that they want this convicted steroid cheat to have all of her demands fulfilled by the biggest org in the world, giving her all the reward with ZERO risk, while putting the legitimate champion in a position of weakness and risking it all.

This is moronic. Good fucking GAWD.

I be cyborg fan. She seems to have been investing heavily in this. She genuinely loves to fight.

What Ronda loves? Who knows, may be money, may be she just likes to dominate people, may be she doesn't love anything, but I don't feel that she genuinely enjoys fighting.

She doesn't love fighting? No wonder she eliminates everyone so fast. No wonder she charged headlong into exchanges with someone whose only possible way to win was by landing a freak punch, then put her unconscious.

LOL are you Brazilian?

Yeah she used to stop by my old gym every once in a while

I dont like any fighter who is busted for roids. Especially a big mouthed idiot who makes no effort to make a fight with rousey, expecting rousey to come to her. Shes had years to lose weight, but instead shes gained. Its obvious, she only mentions rousey to stay relevant.

Her stand up is terrible too, she just wings punches overwhelming her opponents, she relies on her ill gotten roid strength to win.

And dont give me that, all fighters on on PEDs crap as a justification of forgiving her.

Back