Are You a Casual or Hardcore MMA Fan?

Are you a casual or hardcore MMA fan?

• Total voters
I still watch every fight on every event so I’m still hardcore because I live hardcore.

I watch every event and I post on Sherdog. I would call that hardcore. Been hardcore since UFC 148

I used to be pretty hardcore back in the day.. but now I only watch the big stuff.
3-compressor.gif

Casual and becoming more so. Sick of the influence of the WWE. and superfights.

I'm the corest hardcore ever.

Watching combat sports 8-10 hours per day (boxing - Europe/NA + boxing history, international wrestling, MMA - Europe/NA/Asia).

I fucked up my college coz of this shit.

Beat me... if you can

I watch every card but regularly miss most early prelim and some prelim fights

used to be hardcore but there's too many cards now with too many fights and the pacing is fucking awful

plus belts mean nothing, there's no reason to the match making besides what's convenient to the promotion (e.g., who is available to fill the next pPV)

I'm just a combat sports fan. I'll watch stuff that interests me and avoid stuff that doesn't. When you've been watching for years you tend to be more selective with what you watch.

Used to be hardcore. Shonie Carter vs Matt Serra was my favourite fight for years. That's pretty fucking hardcore if you ask me. Then I got kids. And got old. And my friends who would get smashed and stay up til 8am with me watching the fights live got kids. And got old. Now I haven't got a fucking clue who any of these jabronies are. Even if I download that shit and watch it like I relate in front of my kids and misses. I don't really relate. I don't know who I am any more. My whole life is a lie.

What determines if you're a casual/hardcore? Been watching UFC/Pride since ~2002 and I have missed perhaps 3-4 UFC events (all of them shitty "Fight Night Singapore" card or similar). It is however getting kind of bland with lots of terrible events with a bunch of random guys I have never heard of. I usually don't watch the prelims unless there is a big name fighting because I don't care to spend 1-2 more hours watching UFC when I have other things to do. So maybe I'm slightly casual because I don't eat up everything the UFC throws at us.

I think I started with the old IFL and pride. Can't remember, it's been too long.

I think I'm still a hardcore.

I watch every fight of every UFC event, Bellator's main cards, PFL main cards or entire cards (when tournament started), Rizin main cards, ACA almost entire cards, KSW entire cards, Invicta entire cards, One's main and co main fights (not live), some big fights (not live) of FN, Road, RCC, BAMMA and maybe I'm missing some org.

Edit: I don't follow any other sport.
I watched the entire FEN 23 event last night and even made a thread about it:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/fen-23-on-polsat-polish-tv-in-2-hrs.3894497/

Nobody even commented on the thread, let alone watch that shit - so I guess I'm the most hardcore motherfucker to ever post on Sherdog. :p

Any true hardcore will vote "casual". That's how it works. And only a true casual would call themselves "hardcore"

I was a hardcore from around 2009/10 after randomly downloading UFC 1 and getting hooked. I ended up watching a ton of the old TUF seasons plus a load of past PPV’s and would get up in the night to watch every event even none PPV’s

The last 2-3 years it’s tapered off though, I still read Sherdog daily and watch the big events but I often skip prelims and entire events sometimes If there’s no big fights

WMMA gets ignored religiously too

Used to watch every full UFC card and big cards from other orgs

Now I basically only watch UFC main cards and big fights from other orgs

I still watch TUF

Hardcore becoming casual I guess

Casual, perhaps becoming hardcore. Though I have watched fights for near 20 years.

Beyond hardcore in boxing.

Back