Are You a Casual or Hardcore MMA Fan?

Are you a casual or hardcore MMA fan?

• Total voters
Welcome to the hardcore floor son. You will find Asahi beer in the fridge, some Pride DVD's for your choosing and tonights entertainment brought to you by Genki. Enjoy!
I'm the exact same age as sakuraba .. Son

I’m a hardcore casual. I care literally NOTHING about mma, but when McGregor fights, I spam forums with his Insta posts, and ramble unintelligently about other fighters and how shit they are even though I’ve never even seen them fight.

im like, softcore at this stage. my mma interest is like a fully clothed pamela anderson dry-humping a flaccid actor

Probably hardcore. I watch the entirety of most UFC events and have no problem watching fighters i haven't heard of.

I've been a hardcore fan of the UFC since my late pal & training partner, Kevin Rosier was called up to compete in UFC 1 way back in November of 1993. That got me to order it & I've been hooked ever since. As for other MMA, I followed/ordered Pride on those rare occasions when it was available on my local cable system & I've followed just about every other organization that's come & gone over the years. These days it's just the UFC & Bellator for the most part. Although I do keep up with the other major organizations online.
I'd likely follow the other organizations closer & watch them live if I weren't also a hardcore boxing fan. But that takes up a lot of my time as well. Between the boxing & MMA, my weekends are usually full. Luckily my fiance is an MMA fan as well so she's cool with me watching as much of it as I do. Boxing? She's not so keen on but she doesn't ever give me a difficult time about it.

Damn, I was like you once. Even IFL on Mondays. It was something to do after a shitty day at work. Can't keep up with UFC, let alone all the others anymore.

I loved IFL. Remember when Chris Horodecki was undefeated and smashing everyone when he was late teens/early 20’s? I lost a dinner bet when Ryan Shultz beat him in their second fight. IFL was the most underrated fight promo ever.

I started watching when UFC 3 came to VHS. We rented 1,2, and 3 and we were all hooked. Then from about 12 to 30 (more or less, can't remember very well) events were really hard to come across for me. Then, all of a sudden, it was back on tv and video regularly.

I was a very hardcore fan from UFC 31 until about UFC 100 or so, about a core of years after we lost Pride. I've been casual since about UFC 150ish.

Too many divisions and fighters now. WMMA is fucking garbage as well. I hate all the media garbage now too.

I haven't paid for a PPV since WMMA started appearing on the cards. I had spent a couple of thousand dollars by that point.

images

Wicked Hod

Used to be a hardcore.
Then i got overextended in the knee(by a Oblique kick)so now I became a casual.

Waay to much BS for an org that many people insisted,here and in the media, it was the serious one.
It became a complete circus.

I used to be hardcore into the sport when Pride was still around and even after the UFC got rid of it. Now with my full time job and other stuff I'd consider myself a step above casual. Still follow the sport but not as religiously as before

I stopped being hardcore around 2014-2015. Part of it was becoming a father and not having time to watch every single card, and part of it was both Silva and Jones* completely disillusioning me on what it means to be great in this sport.

Well shit, I was trying to be a dick and make an ambiguous reply, but there is a Hardcore/casual option.

That's what you get for not reading the instructions.
Well shit, i was trying to be funny.

I'm a hardcore who likes the fighters the casuals like.

Now that UFC and MMA are considered one of the most important and mainstream sports according to ESPN’s menu bar I’m now a hardcore fan.

Attachments

• 4E538C12-23D3-4C5B-8649-17EF98A5B341.jpeg
    4E538C12-23D3-4C5B-8649-17EF98A5B341.jpeg
    537.3 KB · Views: 8
I probably appear hardcore to the casual but I'm really not.

Back