Are Yancy Medeiros and Allen Crowder being severely overlooked?

VenomCarnage

R.I.P. FRANKIENYC
@Brown
Reaction score
I honestly cannot believe the betting lines for these fights.

Gregor Gillespie is 1/5 to win his bout over Yancy. Greg Hardy is also 1/5 over Allen Crowder.

Now, let's just say that the odds were completely even and you put a gun to my head, I would definitely pick Gillespie and Hardy, no doubt. With that said, could I see Yancy or Crowder winning? Sure I could!

How many times over the years have we seen celebrity or prospects fighters fed guys they should run through, only for it to backfire?

They literally paid Seth Petruzelli to not go to the ground with Kimbo and he knocked him out within seconds. Aaron Pico was supposed to walk through his first opponent and got caught with a great combination and stopped. Conor was supposed to dance around a slow, out of shape Nate Diaz. Luke Rockhold was supposed to easily dispatch Michael Bisping. These things happen all the time.

Greg Hardy looks so amateurish when he fights it's unbelievable. Not one of us have seen an inch of ground work from this dude and he fights with his hands down all the time. Crowder is far from great but he's been around the block a little more, it could easily be a Pico or Kimbo situation here.

Gillespie on the other hand, looks like the real deal Holyfield. That said, his resume isn't full of elite names either. Yancy has been favored to win fights and shit the bed, but he's also a guy who can win on any given night. Could Yancy win this fight on the feet? Could he scrape a points victory? Sure could.

If you parlay these you get 30/1 odds. Throw some others in and you could win big.

They are both set up to build the hype on Gregor and Hardy, that’s obvious

And I believe Gregor and Hardy both take care of business rather easily

Gillespie beats the brakes off Yancy.

And they're going to treat Hardy like Bellator treats MVP until they know he's legit.

Crowder should shoot shoot shoot. I bet Hardy would gas when kept on the ground for half a round and then he should be easy pickings for any decent hw

If I had to bet on either one I'd bet on Crowder. He has a chance at beating Hardy, especially since it's HW.

Gillespie over Yancy is a lock.

Apparently Medeiros is on a plant based diet, so he'll probs lose. Lol.

Yancy has fought at 205, 185, 170 and 155. Crazy.

If there were ever fixed fights in the UFC, it’s the fights Hardy is lined up with. UFC wants this clown to win and get to the top so bad it hurts.

Either people can sense that, or it’s a bunch of casuals putting money on the clown tilting the lines. Probably the latter.

I like Yancy, and think he has decent skills, but he always loses against good competition. He's a good step up for Gillespie.

We all know the move for Hardy is wrestle him until he gasses but I very much believe he gets a knock out within a round. It's just the way it goes

Better to donate your money to a dog shelter than bet on those two.

If you parlay these you get 30/1 odds. Throw some others in and you could win big.
Might as well parlay the whole card and potentially win a kazillion dollars if you're already on that train. As a rule of thumb you don't put two big dogs together as your main play, it's pretty much betting 101.

I think it's very clear Gillespie is going to absolutely run trough Medeiros.

Hardy is a hot prospect so I'm not surprised but I admit I don't know anything about his opponent.

RIP Gregor

LOL you are joking I'm assuming.

I will never say there's no chance, and especially with Gregor because he has shown a willingness to brawl a bit at times.

That said, if he decides to put Yancy on his back, Yancy is getting put on his back. And Gregor won't just lay on top of him, he does WORK with his top position. Dude is a beast, and once he most likely runs through Yancy, the top 15 LW's that start getting calls about fighting him next are going to be conveniently unavailable to fight him. NOBODY wants to fight this guy, and for good reason.

LOL you are joking I'm assuming.

I will never say there's no chance, and especially with Gregor because he has shown a willingness to brawl a bit at times.

That said, if he decides to put Yancy on his back, Yancy is getting put on his back. And Gregor won't just lay on top of him, he does WORK with his top position. Dude is a beast, and once he most likely runs through Yancy, the top 15 LW's that start getting calls about fighting him next are going to be conveniently unavailable to fight him. NOBODY wants to fight this guy, and for good reason.

The UFC is so convinced Gregor's going to win they already moved him into the top 15!

I will bet against Hardy and donate all the winnings to a charity for abused women

I am by no means a wealthy man, don't have cash to throw around, but I nevertheless have $900 on the wife beater finishing in the first. I don't see how Crowder could survive 5 minutes of Hardy; those are 300 loooong seconds. If Crowder was a grappler or had one touch knockout power it would be a whole different story.

Last edited:
Medeiros - possibly. Big fan of Gillespie and I favour him strongly but Yancy is a fucking dog, man. That lad is never out of the fight, a real scrapper with quite good cardio. But I still Gregor controls him to a UD.

Crowder - absolutely not. He's fucking awful, the UFC have selected him for one reason only - he is the worst HW under contract and highly unlikely to spoil Hardy's debut.

im taking yancy via them hands

cardio too.

Thought Yancy made a complete fool of himself vs Cowboy. UFC blessed him with that fight, a very winnable huge name, and tried to hug and high 5 Cowboy the whole time until he was KTFO. "I always idolized him during WEC.." oh stfu! Youre a fighter and this is the biggest fight of your poor life! Hernandez will show that man how to take care of Cowboy.

Back