Are women self-defense classes pointless?

I teach my students that they should pretend to offer a BJ, then bite his dick off, then run away.

Or at least I would, if i were a self defense teacher, and had students, and was cool.

Remember way back when Rousey was on top?
I swear to you there were guys actually legitimately thinking she would beat Brock lesnars ass
Probably the same guys who train girls for self defense class

I'm glad most people who spoke like that are casuals who probably no longer spectate the sport.

I teach my students that they should pretend to offer a BJ, then bite his dick off, then run away.

Or at least I would, if i were a self defense teacher, and had students, and was cool.

Damn! Lol

I fear some douchebag lawyer could skew that...

"So the defendant VOLUNTEERED to perform fellation? No further questions your honor".

No offense, but I completely disagree with this. A girl might get lucky with a really crazy eye gouge, or a truly devastating groin shot, but that’s going to be like winning the lottery. Most of the time it will only piss a male attacker off even more, and get her punched in the face even harder.

If a girl really learns a “lapel choke” as you say, and she has really trained her ass off with the move, she can choke a man unconscious with his shirt. The chances are still not great - weight classes & gender differences are a thing - but it’s a lot higher than that ‘hi-yah’ striking stuff.

Stuff like this would be a lot better for a girl to learn for unarmed self defense than striking:

^^
and even still, most girls would have to train the hell out of these moves for at least a year or more before they even *start* to become proficient enough for the street.

Oh yeah... triangle me baby! Triangle me!

images

I worked at a gym that hosted a weekend women's defense seminar.

Many of the clients signed up thinking they were going to learn how to turn their keys into weapons or how to take down attackers.

The reality was that the instructors wrote the curriculum after the book above.

"If Ted from accounting makes you feel uncomfortable, you don't have to go on a date with him."

"If your cousin Ted lingers on his hugs during the family reunions each year, you don't have to invite him this year."

"It's perfectly fine to ask someone your trust to walk you to your car if you parked far away from the office door today."

"If Billy is being picked on my Teddy at school, Billy's teacher/parents do not have to ensure that they become friends by pairing them off on class projects, or sit next to each other in the cafeteria. Don't don't force a victim to spend more time with their tormentor."

We have fear for a reason: self preservation. Why have we told ourselves to ignore it....jjust because we don't want to be rude?"

Was it at the YMCA in Seattle, WA?

images

I worked at a gym that hosted a weekend women's defense seminar.

Many of the clients signed up thinking they were going to learn how to turn their keys into weapons or how to take down attackers.

The reality was that the instructors wrote the curriculum after the book above.

"If Ted from accounting makes you feel uncomfortable, you don't have to go on a date with him."

"If your cousin Ted lingers on his hugs during the family reunions each year, you don't have to invite him this year."

"It's perfectly fine to ask someone your trust to walk you to your car if you parked far away from the office door today."

"If Billy is being picked on my Teddy at school, Billy's teacher/parents do not have to ensure that they become friends by pairing them off on class projects, or sit next to each other in the cafeteria. Don't don't force a victim to spend more time with their tormentor."

I like these, although I've literally been called a "victim blamer" by some SJWs online for advocating a woman avoids dangerous situations.
giphy.gif

We have fear for a reason: self preservation. Why have we told ourselves to ignore it....jjust because we don't want to be rude?"

If anyone's ever seen Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, that line was said to Daniel Craig's character. So true.

I get a bit offended if a girl gets paranoid when we're walking the street at night, but realize for all she knows I'm a serial killer, (and I technically could kill her if I wanted to) so it's nothing personal.

ROFL. Hip him in the dick. I love it.

“I actually think the ground is one of the safest places to be”

“We don’t need to run”

This bitch should be brought up on charges

Women can't fight men. It's like men trying to fight a gorilla. Look at all the female mma fighters getting beat up by their male spouses.

Physically they don't stand a chance. Also all this about gouging eyes, etc is bullshit,the chances of it actually working are little. If you succeed in just enraging the attacker you will be much worse off.

If we’re really just talking about one class, then personally I think there is absolutely nothing physical - whether it’s the choke, or the eye gouge route - that the average woman will learn that will actually be useful. Maybe a grip break, that’s about it, tops. One class is a drop in a bucket.
Indeed. You’ve got to make it a habit. One class doesn’t do a thing

they absolutely are. all they will do is serve to piss an attacker off more and probably get the woman hurt worse. those women are not going to remember the techniques and sure as hell will not have the skill to apply anything they learned if/when they are attacked. they need to know how to use pepper spray and where the balls are. thats it. nothing else is going to help them. those classes are a waste of time and money

I like these, although I've literally been called a "victim blamer" by some SJWs online for advocating a woman avoids dangerous situations.
giphy.gif

If anyone's ever seen Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, that line was said to Daniel Craig's character. So true.

I get a bit offended if a girl gets paranoid when we're walking the street at night, but realize for all she knows I'm a serial killer, (and I technically could kill her if I wanted to) so it's nothing personal.

I'm 6, 2" and 230, with a face like three miles of bad road. I'm well aware of the effect I have on women who don't know me, so I try to make sure I give them as much space as possible. And that's during the day, never mind after dark.

Bite a dick off and dont let your bite go. If he forces it into her mouth.

Also eye gouge

Groin strikes

Are easy things to be taught.

Pepper spray. If your in america get a gun.

Nope, not easy.

If you want to know or teach it to become easy in the span of a 1-day seminar, do this:

1. Give each participant a live chicken. You know, one that is still clucking and crowing.

2. Now tell them to dress/prepare the chicken for cooking, without any tools or utensils, just bare hands, and show them how.

3. Cook and eat the chicken. Don't waste a life you just killed.

4. If they come out of that successfully, without hang-ups, teach them all these gory moves that attack the eyes, ears, throat and genitals.

If you cannot pull out the intestines of a chicken you personally butchered, it'll be psychologically harder to gouge an eye out.

I'm 6, 2" and 230, with a face like three miles of bad road. I'm well aware of the effect I have on women who don't know me, so I try to make sure I give them as much space as possible. And that's during the day, never mind after dark.

No wonder, you give Saracens their worst nightmares.

Women can't fight men. It's like men trying to fight a gorilla. Look at all the female mma fighters getting beat up by their male spouses.

Physically they don't stand a chance. Also all this about gouging eyes, etc is bullshit,the chances of it actually working are little. If you succeed in just enraging the attacker you will be much worse off.
So you're saying the only option should be... Buy a gun?

Just reading the thread title.. I’d say I don’t think it’s pointless. Anything someone can do to improve their awareness, or reaction to something is better than before they didn’t have that knowledge. If that makes sense

So you're saying the only option should be... Buy a gun?

lol

Something along these lines got brought up in the War Room the other day, and it’s a relevant point in regards to protecting the 2nd.

Back