Are we living in an age of nuclear fallout?

So show me where the NRC has changed its realise levels.

Or the Japanese NRA.

Or NNRO.
the new levels are set to be published this year in the updated PAG from the EPA....suggested revisions from the EPA include
  • A nearly 1000-fold increase for exposure to strontium-90;
  • A 3000 to 100,000-fold hike for exposure to iodine-131; and
  • An almost 25,000 rise for exposure to radioactive nickel-63.

the new levels are set to be published this year in the updated PAG from the EPA....suggested revisions from the EPA include

Interesting, can you post the link.

I would need to compare with the NCR release levels.

So what you are saying is, with ebola no longer keeping you up at night you need something new to keep you terrified.

That info seems to date from 2009 and apparently was never implemented.

Interesting, can you post the link.
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011...pretending-that-radiation-is-good-for-us.html
I realize the article is a one sided view of things but there has been talk of these changes and of them shutting down some of the monitering stations on the west coast and other things like that ever since the accident at fukishima

Ruprecht has the answers lol ((not bad for a dude with a cork on his fork)) but it hasnt been implemented yet because the most recent round of updates is set for this year

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011...pretending-that-radiation-is-good-for-us.html
I realize the article is a one sided view of things but there has been talk of these changes and of them shutting down some of the monitering stations on the west coast and other things like that ever since the accident at fukishima

Ruprecht has the answers lol ((not bad for a dude with a cork on his fork)) but it hasnt been implemented yet because the most recent round of updates is set for this year

Yea those were it seems proposed increases and would need to see more detailed information on the research of safety involved.

The link does not even know the difference between radiation and contamination.

If this is nuclear fallout, it aint so bad. Those movies were not true.

this is in no way a justification for clumsy disasters, but we tend to overemphasize our importance and the importance of what we create and under-emphasize and appreciate natures ability to deal with those things.

Back