Are we getting to an Era where its almost impossible to take someone down?

What fights are people watching that make these threads?

I think we've been seeing more grapplers choose to strike because of behind the scenes chats with Dana. Dana knows nonstop wrestlehumps aren't good for business.

It's an era with tons of tdd tactics, mostly using the cafe to help stay standing. But there are still guys getting taken down virtually every fight.

I think people have gotten progressively better at stuffing takedowns but not nearly as extreme as your question implies.

did u c the suplex KO this past weekend? Did u c Mike Ricci's inability to stop Colton Smith from man handling him that same night? so.. no

Yeah. Except that takedowns still happen in 90% of UFC fights.

WTF!!! People get taken down all the time. Don't get it...

I think people have gotten progressively better at stuffing takedowns but not nearly as extreme as your question implies.

Fighters have gotten better at takedowns at a faster rate than people have improved their TDD.

So no.

Lol, I don't know how you can arrive at that conclusion.

Guys are definetly a looot better at getting back to their feet and defending themselves on the ground than they used to be though

So long as gravity continues to exist, fighters will get taken down.

I would say it's an era of more well rounded fighters which = strikers with better TDD. By no means are fighters getting impossible to take down.

This. And it's a good thing. There is nothing worse than watching an excellent striker who has poor TDD and never gets a chance to use his skills.

Back