Are we forgetting CoGar absolutely schooled Cruz?

This the same Cruz who no one was able to beat and Cody tooled him, was faster, more elusive and basically outclassed the goat of the division.

Sure he lost to TJ cause he was head hunting, but if he can get his emotions together and not head hunt, he will beat TJ 50-45 UD this fight.

He could have done that last fight imo since the 1st rough could have been scored 10-8 and TJ seemed outmatched. Funny how a split second can make so many believe that TJ is the superior fight which he's not.

That being said, it is the UFC and anything can always happen.
3 rounds to 2, hardly a schooling.

Cruz's style just did not flummox Garbrandt because Cody is faster and hits harder. All the things Cruz does to hit lightly and get away did not work against a guy who had a pretty big speed (hand and foot) advantage. Cruz dominated guys that just couldn't catch up to him when he darted away. Garbrandt was fast enough to stay in his face and had the power to hurt him.
Nope

Cody forced dom to lead.Chasing dom around is the worst thing a fighter can do against him.

Dom needs to lead with kicks instead of punchs to allow himself to stay at range and out of the pocket which is codys strength.

At least thats how i see it

All the years of sparring with TJ and preparing others for Cruz made
Cody the perfect man for the job. The thing is, TJ recognizes his weaknesses just as much as Cody recognizes Cruz's weaknesses.

Cody can win but this is a high level fight.

I wouldn't say he "schooled" him
What? This is the ultimate case of being taken to school. He owned him for 25 minutes and mocked him while doing it. No offense to Dom. He's a possible GOAT but he got taken to school that night.

TJ had a very close fight with Cruz and styles make fights. Mmath TJ beats Cody who beat Dom who beat TJ.

Co..... WAT?

You mean Cougars???
zoSu13X.png

Or is it GoKarts???
yyh6P7d.png

Ok ok I get it
Ms1Zqh6.png

CoGar

And what about Trious? Maybe he should fight CoGar or la'shaw, I mean, it's only fair.

mmath is worth shit tho. By that logic Dennis Hallman would pwn all the guys Hughes did but it doesnt work like that. Cruz hits like a girl , Tj doesnt.

I wouldn't say he "schooled" him
he did at some points and it was impressive. but cruz won 1-2 rounds of that fight. it just looked dominant because the rounds cruz won he barely won while the rounds cody won he was clowning cruz and dropping him left and right

Nope

Cody forced dom to lead.Chasing dom around is the worst thing a fighter can do against him.

Dom needs to lead with kicks instead of punchs to allow himself to stay at range and out of the pocket which is codys strength.

At least thats how i see it
I don't think it is that simple. I watched that fight a lot and honestly even being 3-2..it was a pretty nasty loss. Cruz did get schooled in striking quite a bit. Now in a rematch, depends on how Dom tackles it. Personally I feel Cruz would try to wrestle Cody a lot more in a rematch. Since the only time he really tried in the first fight he was being desperate. The other attempts seemed half hearted after Cody denied him fresh. Most wrestlers aren't very good off their back and seem uncomfortable. So I wonder if Cruz will want to test it since Cody outboxed him.

I have Cruz in a rematch, I think he'd have a good game plan for bouncing back. But who knows, more surgeries, more off time..

Funny how a split second can make so many believe that TJ is the superior fight which he's not.
it was not just a split second and the first fight wasnt a fluke

cody looked awesome in the first, but TJ looked better the entire second round and cody couldnt weather it

Cruz was cut and he fought recklessly because of that, bar the 4th round the fight was pretty close actually.

he did at some points and it was impressive. but cruz won 1-2 rounds of that fight. it just looked dominant because the rounds cruz won he barely won while the rounds cody won he was clowning cruz and dropping him left and right

In my mind a schooling is a 50-45 pure domination. I can't see a 3-2 fight being a schooling even if there were a few big moments for necktat

Well what happened to Cruz? Is he only commentating now?
Cody will have fought twice since that fight

Winning 3 to 2 round (Round 1 was close) and getting outstruck though all rounds is not anything near "schooling" . Get your facts straight mate

What a second... You’re talking about the Garbrant / Cruz fight??? Are you running a severe fever? Or suffering from CTE? Cody won every round without a doubt... maybe round 1 was closer then the others, but he won every aspect of that fight without question..

Now... Snake vs Cruz, that was a back and forth toss up of a fight..

In my mind a schooling is a 50-45 pure domination. I can't see a 3-2 fight being a schooling even if there were a few big moments for necktat
yeah i see what ur saying. its all opinion - a guy like gsp would 50-45 anybody but his performance wont have the highlights that say cody's did when he beat cruz.

Back