Are we ever going to see UFC heavyweights with this skill and caliber?

The best KO artist in the history of the UFC and mixed martial arts in general had those moves and showed us multiple times. He wasnt a HW tho.
These guys are slower and moving like that is indeed impressive.
Yes, a lil reminiscent of Anderson.

Even boxing fans agree that all wilder has is power and athleticism. The guy has laughable technique. Look at him in this very gif throwing back hands that would make Brock Lesnar blush. But that's HW combat sports in general. A guy with Wilder's skill set would be nobody in a the smaller divisions.

You could say the same for ngannou or mark hunt for example. Yet they hung out in the top 10 for most of their careers.

Ones that don't really know what they're watching, sure.

It's easy to underrate Wilder because of his awful, often laughable punching technique, but he is nowhere near as unskilled as people think. Technique != skill. Maidana often looked crude and scrubby in the technique department, but you'd have to be foolish to think he wasn't a crafty, sneaky attacking fighter who had good setups, good counters, good footwork, and wasn't that easy to hit.

To compare Wilder with Ngannou or Hunt is insane. He has more skill and IQ than either of them could ever dream of. You don't get to 41-0 in boxing with nothing but a hard right hand.

Don't get me wrong, he aint exactly Floyd in the skill department, or even Tyson Fury, but he is light years ahead of the likes of fucking Ngannou and Hunt. Ngannou is the perfect example of someone who literally just has raw power, no skill, and most MMA fighters don't have the chin/defence/experience to deal with it.

Wilder is sneaky and awkward, has solid timing and accuracy, and has a knack of landing that right hand. He's also not that easy to hit, has solid defence and movement, and what makes him even more dangerous is his power holds for all 12 rounds.

For example, here's Wilder's defence in action against the 2 best fighters of his career.

DefensiveTestyAlbino-size_restricted.gif

TerribleHonorableLhasaapso-max-1mb.gif

And here is the right hand you had the audacity to say was worse than Brock Lesnar :D

Last edited:
No he doesn't, but everyone has their scrubby moments.

The current UFC heavyweight champ doesn't look so impressive here :D

vwcVpk9.gif
He is a wrestler, not a striker. He would beat Tyson Fury any day of the week, boxing fanboy.

Am I wrong, boxing fanboy? He would get destroyed period.

"Your sport" is boring as fuck and fucking sucks. Those boxers don't come to the UFC because they know they would get destroyed. They don't even fight each other there. They have been trying to do Wilder Vs Joshua superfight since 2015. Now one lost to a fat fuck and the other got outclassed by another fatso. So much for a "super fight". Boxing is a joke. Corruption on all decisions. Fights that never end up happening. Boring fights everywhere with all that clinching. Etc...

LMAO no. Tyson Fury is an elite athlete in an elite sport. He's been crafting his art for decades. MMAs best HW boxers are guys like Ngannou who decided at the age of 32 he wants to be a fighter and punched a UFC power machine.

Tyson Fury is the greatest current fighter alive. No one today beats him. They are all dossers.
GSP (170) would take him down in the first round.
So, not the greatest current fighter

Nope. HW only has couple good top boxers who duck each other.

So how many good MMA HWs do you think there is right now in comparison? because the way I see it literally the 3rd or 4th tier of HW boxers right now ie guys like Ugonoh, Breazele, Szpilka, Charr, Hughie, Helenius, Takam, Hammer, Chisora, Stiverne, Arreola etc are genuinely comparable to the current top ranked UFC HWs outside of DC, Stipe and Ngannou in terms of talent.

Am I wrong, boxing fanboy? He would get destroyed period.

"Your sport" is boring as fuck and fucking sucks. Those boxers don't come to the UFC because they know they would get destroyed. They don't even fight each other there. They have been trying to do Wilder Vs Joshua superfight since 2015. Now one lost to a fat fuck and the other got outclassed by another fatso. So much for a "super fight". Boxing is a joke. Corruption on all decisions. Fights that never end up happening. Boring fights everywhere with all that clinching. Etc...

lmao. You seem very very angry, little MMA groupie, and very threatened by boxing.

RingedVacantEarthworm-size_restricted.gif

Those boxers don't come to the UFC because they know they would get destroyed.

Not the brightest spark are you? They don't come to the UFC because in the UFC guys like Ngannou earn 500k for a title shot, and in boxing guys like Ruiz earn 5 million for a title shot.

Maybe one day when MMA starts paying as much as boxing, you'll get athletes with the speed, power, and stamina of elite boxers, instead of this guy being one of the best athletes in MMA :D

Nau5Dak.gif

{<jordan}

LMAO no. Tyson Fury is an elite athlete in an elite sport. He's been crafting his art for decades. MMAs best HW boxers are guys like Ngannou who decided at the age of 32 he wants to be a fighter and punched a UFC power machine.

Tyson Fury is the greatest current fighter alive. No one today beats him. They are all dossers.
I mean stipe would turn him into ground meat but I like the guy too

He fought the 57 th ranked heavyweight that shit doesn't happen in the UFC

Thank You. Anderson did the same sh/t with Bonnar, but the minute he tried it against someone with youth/power/skills on his side, he got his career derailed.

Fury is a talented boxer, but he is not trying his Roy Jones impersonation against an opponent with a Wikipedia page.

They don't come to the UFC because in the UFC guys like Ngannou earn 500k for a title shot, and in boxing guys like Ruiz earn 5 million for a title shot.

Maybe one day when MMA starts paying as much as boxing, you'll get athletes with the speed, power, and stamina of elite boxers
LMAO Fat Fuck Ruiz was a late replacement for the guy that got outclassed by a 40 year old Mirko Crocop. Those are facts. Those are your "supreme athletes"

You are an idiot if you think that boxers would dominate in UFC if it paid as well as boxing. It really shows that you don't know shit about MMA, dumb fuck

I mean stipe would turn him into ground meat but I like the guy too

fury arms are longer than stipes legs & He would destroy Stipes eyes with his fingers

KING OF THE EYE POKES

Thank You. Anderson did the same sh/t with Bonnar, but the minute he tried it against someone with youth/power/skills on his side, he got his career derailed.

Fury is a talented boxer, but he is not trying his Roy Jones impersonation against an opponent with a Wikipedia page.

wilder vs fury

L0L

Don't want to say never especially since I sadly see the NFL dying sometime in the 21st century. But no I don't think so. Always possible there's some crazy Jones type guy fighting at HW as an outlier but part of the problem with sucking is if the elite of the division suck, such a type of fighter wouldn't have to train very much and we wouldn't really be seeing their full potential.

So I doubt it but I do think there will be more A level athletes of that size available in the future than today, at some point.

Back