Are we ever going to see UFC heavyweights with this skill and caliber?

Sure, but Fury also looks the same against elite opponents.

RigidColossalGallowaycow-size_restricted.gif
Even boxing fans agree that all wilder has is power and athleticism. The guy has laughable technique. Look at him in this very gif throwing back hands that would make Brock Lesnar blush. But that's HW combat sports in general. A guy with Wilder's skill set would be nobody in a the smaller divisions.

You could say the same for ngannou or mark hunt for example. Yet they hung out in the top 10 for most of their careers.

This is MMA, not boxing. You stand there and bob and weave you get taking down. You can't just stand there like that, it doesn't work in MMA. It doesn't make one or the other more "athletic".

90 percent of the HW division you don't get taken down.

UFC and the athletes themselves don’t know how to build fighters like this. They have a lot to learn from boxing.

Fuck that... The UFC's model is 10x better than boxing. Boxing is a bunch of different promotions top guys ducking each other. I'm a fan of boxing, but these showcase fights can be frustrating.

Fuck that... The UFC's model is 10x better than boxing. Boxing is a bunch of different promotions top guys ducking each other. I'm a fan of boxing, but these showcase fights can be frustrating.
Showcase and rebound fights are the best way to build stars. Coker was great at this back in the day but he's stopped doing it for some reason.

How much did he make for that fight UFC won't pay that much

You don’t expect MMA fighters especially heavyweights to use head movements like that.
For one it wouldn’t work because once the distance is closed you would be taken down.also if the Fury,Wilder fight had been in MMA Wilder would have jumped on Fury when he knocked him down and pounded his head in.
There would have been no remarkable recovery that we all witnessed

Showcase and rebound fights are the best way to build stars. Coker was great at this back in the day but he's stopped doing it for some reason.

I could give a fuck about building stars. I'm a fan of fighting not fighters. I would rather see the best fighting each other.

LMAO no. Tyson Fury is an elite athlete in an elite sport. He's been crafting his art for decades. MMAs best HW boxers are guys like Ngannou who decided at the age of 32 he wants to be a fighter and punched a UFC power machine.

Tyson Fury is the greatest current fighter alive. No one today beats him. They are all dossers.
Deontay Wilder KO'd him.

Well if it's the head movement that's impresses you, you might want to remember this

There has been skilled HWs in MMA before. We are just in a terrible era for HW mma where the average age of the division is like 70 because for some reason theres not enough new talent coming through to retire the old guys. But if you go back to around 2011 I actually think HW MMA was briefly on par with or stronger than HW boxing. Pre-USADA, Strikeforce HW GP, prime Cain JDS and Brock in the UFC.

Its obviously not even close now though. HW boxing is vastly, vastly superior to HW MMA at the moment. In terms of athleticism, skill, depth, prospects....everything, basically.
Nope. HW only has couple good top boxers who duck each other. Wilder is considered number 1-2 and he only gets through thanks to his power and not any ring craft or skill. Most boxers given to Fury were unathletic cans specifically made for the few good boxers at thettop to pad their records with.

Also it is barely comparable as there is a massive difference in the aspect of HWs wrestling and throwing kicks, clinch work. Those are extremely important skills in MMA HWs and boxing doesn't have those to compare with.

LMAO no. Tyson Fury is an elite athlete in an elite sport. He's been crafting his art for decades. MMAs best HW boxers are guys like Ngannou who decided at the age of 32 he wants to be a fighter and punched a UFC power machine.

Tyson Fury is the greatest current fighter alive. No one today beats him. They are all dossers.
Cormier rapes him several times before chocking him out.

90 percent of the HW division you don't get taken down.

But the threat is always there along with kicks.

You can't just square up and not worry about nothing but punches coming at you.

But the threat is always there along with kicks.

You can't just square up and not worry about nothing but punches coming at you.

he can keep guys back with the jab all night (his arms are longer than your legs)

with 4oz gloves hed be working people outside.

Struve with a solid jab would be dangerous as fuck ... and now imagine Struve with Furys athleticism, IQ and skills.

Its fantasy bullshit, but Fury would be a top 3 guy WITH EZ.

Back