Are we all in agreeance that Usman would OBLITERATE Masvidal?

From a business standpoint this is a bad matchup because I think Usman annihilates Masvidal, prob. a 1st round KO/sub, thus killing off the marketing sensation that is Jorge Masvidal right now. This is exactly why a Conor/Masvidal fight for the BMF title makes so much more sense. The marketing buildup and pressers would be absolutely ridiculous.

Usman should just hang out, see what happens with Edwards/Woodley and Conor/Masvidal. Meanwhile, we've still got Khabib/Ferguson. Not to mention, guys like Diaz, Thompson, Gaethje all hanging out. So many moving parts. The LW/WW division is pretty exiting right now. So many potential good matchups.
I honestly think usman wins fairly easily.

Masvidal's ground game is severely underrated. I think he beats Usman.

Whoever said Usman beats Mas without using his ground game is fuckin delusional.

Masvidal got outwrestled and hustled by demian maia

Usman has vastly better wrestling cardio and top control

It would be a boring easy win for usman

Masvidal got outwrestled and hustled by demian maia

Usman has vastly better wrestling cardio and top control

It would be a boring easy win for usman
Everyone got out wrestled by Maia.

Usman does not have great top control like Khabin or Askren did in Bellator.

Masvidal will get up.

Imagine if Jorge beats Usman, and Conor loses to Khabib. Then Jorge beats Conor?

I don't know why so many people on here hate Jorge so much. He rarely talks shit, is well rounded and possibly fighting for the belt in his next fight. I get he has 13 loses, but why all the hate? I think the pinnacle of proof is multiple people in this thread said Usman would OUTSTRIKE him, and one proclaimed he'd finish him in the 1st L fucking O fucking L. Usman has exactly 1 route to victory, Lay-N-Pray. Zero striking, go immediately for the take down and repeat every time Mas gets back up. And pray you don't get lit up. Usman has a good chance of winning a wrestling match with him. Striking? There's a better chance the Pink Goof goes on record saying he wants to be friends with Tito & Frank Shamrock again.

I guess though Mas being a Jourman makes pretty much everyone who isn't the champ or the #2's the same huh? If Mas beat Usman would he be considered a journeyman champ? They'd need to make a special belt for that.

I think Usman wins, but I wouldn’t count Masvidal out. Nor would I underrate his grappling skills. Usman manhandled Woodley no question, Woodley himself being a decorated wrestler, but Woodley is not used to being outwrestled. Masvidal is. True you can state that Woodley trains with Ben Askren, but that’s not grappling to win, thats grappling to train. Masvidal has the skills for an upset, but I still favor Usman.

If by obliterating you mean securing incredibly boring decision win by hugging Masvidal for the most of the fight, then yes.

Of course he would... he would win the fight even without using any wresslin....And i like Masvidal much more than Usman.
Without any wrestling? He got tagged by Colby ffs Masvidal would wreck him in a kick boxing fight. Damn son that may be the dumbest comment of the year. Upside for you is that we're still in January so there's plenty of time for you to be surpassed.

I think Usman gets it done, but I really like Masvidal's renewed confidence, which he will need against Usman. He is really a different fighter than before. If Masvidal can keep Usman off of him he could hurt him, but that is a big if for me.
Usman man... have we ever seen such a powerful beast, with endurance, and skills?

Usman couldn't obliterate past prime RDA. What makes you think he's going to obliterate Masvidal?

Will he win? Likely. Will it be a lot of stalling and TD attempts for Usman? Probably.
This.

Of course he would... he would win the fight even without using any wresslin....And i like Masvidal much more than Usman.
You're saying that Usman's stand up game is better than Masvidal's?
Please tell me you're joking.

Unless he's immune to punches, I'd say no.

Not saying he'd loose though, but not saying he'd win either

Without any wrestling? He got tagged by Colby ffs Masvidal would wreck him in a kick boxing fight. Damn son that may be the dumbest comment of the year. Upside for you is that we're still in January so there's plenty of time for you to be surpassed.

You're saying that Usman's stand up game is better than Masvidal's?
Please tell me you're joking.

You guys dont know jackshit about mma then. We have seen countless times strikers much superior to Jorge getting beat on their feet by wresslers. Why? There is always a takedown threat that throws their mojo out of the window. Even if Usman never shoots for a takedown, Jorge knows damn well that he can end up on his back at any moment. He wont be as smooth and careless. You will see a more tentative, stiff Jorge expecting to get td.

That said, their striking are not worlds apart. I like Jorge a lot but stop thinking that he is Marvin Hagler. Jorge has lost many times to lesser fighters.

Your liking of Masvidal is superseded by your lack of understanding of the sport.

I am in complete agreement that "agreeance" isn't a word.

Is English your native language?

Back