Are USADA results based on a passport?

BA0701

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I have read that there are those that argue for and against the passport system, so is USADA testing based on a passport, or like system?

The passport is a method of setting a baseline of tests, and is supposed to be able to tell if you have ever used steroids subsequent to the creation of the baseline.

Edit -

"An athlete biological passport is an individual electronic record for professional athletes, in which profiles of biological markers of doping and results of doping tests are collated over a period of time. Doping violations can be detected by noting variances from an athlete’s established levels outside permissible limits, rather than testing for and identifying illegal substances."

Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_passport

Last edited:
I think EPO can only be detected through use of the 'blood passport', so I'd assume they use it. But that's all assumption based on information from the time Lance was passing all his tests.

I think EPO can only be detected through use of the 'blood passport', so I'd assume they use it. But that's all assumption based on information from the time Lance was passing all his tests.
Ok, that's exactly what I was wondering. I have read a number of articles questioning the effectiveness and accuracy of the passports, so wondering is TJ will go down that path. Thank you for that!

Ha, I thought I might do a bad job of explaining it, based on my rudimentary level of understanding on the subject, myself. But, if you see @iwhoopedbatman 's response, it might do a better job than I did.

Ok, that's exactly what I was wondering. I have read a number of articles questioning the effectiveness and accuracy of the passports, so wondering is TJ will go down that path. Thank you for that!
Please don't just take my word for it though. That is all memory from years ago and assumption. One moment:
@-Dim-, answer this sherbro's OP.

Ha, I thought I might do a bad job of explaining it, based on my rudimentary level of understanding on the subject, myself. But, if you see @iwhoopedbatman 's response, it might do a better job than I did.
all good

I got so many stamps on my biological passport I'm a biological traveling fool

sounds like it makes sense with PEDs that occur naturally but can vary a lot in individuals like testosterone
ie. if you've always been at about 500 then one day you're at 1500 something ain't right

sounds like it makes sense with PEDs that occur naturally but can vary a lot in individuals like testosterone
ie. if you've always been at about 500 then one day you're at 1500 something ain't right

maybe they just ate a superfood

they have urine and blood passports.

Back