Are US elite wrestlers overrated?

oly_g_gardner_300.jpg

It's actually pretty ridiculous how Karelin lost that match, he broke his grip in the clinch!

You're not going to see ADCC champions being swept let alone submitted by MMA tough men.

Kennedy vs. Gracie? I don't think Roger was swept but didn't Kennedy take his back and dominate him on the ground?

Jones was national champ at JC and then had kids and instead of going on to be elite at ncaa, he basically got into mma and got paid... He is basically the kind of guy that could have went on to be a ncaa national champ, instead he is ufc champ. He was an elite wrestler for his category .

MMA wrestling is different, but Jones is a good wrestler
I don't really like American fighters atm other than Chris

GSP is a great athlete. I think there's a good chance he would have had success in wrestling if he competed in the sport in high school and college.

I agree due to the fact he's a great athlete. Do you think he would hypothetically be the GOAT in his wrestling division? Don't forget mixing vs pure is a lot different.

Yes. Its commonly known that the elite Ncaa,nfaa,,nghaa,vnfghaa,gjhdsdfas undefeated american wrestlers pretty much always gets ruined Outside of the US when they enter world championship and such things. Only wrestling other americans is a massive sense of false security.

Wrestling is easy when you don't have to worry about eastern europeans.

That's more due to the fact that Americans compete in a completely different style than international competition.

I agree due to the fact he's a great athlete. Do you think he would hypothetically be the GOAT in his wrestling division? Don't forget mixing vs pure is a lot different.

It's impossible to say but probably not. I thought he lost to Hendricks in MMA.

Dan Gable was never overrated, just better than anyone else on the planet.

Jones didn't hit a real takedown tillDC was gassed. Nutty MMA fans.

Yes. Its commonly known that the elite Ncaa,nfaa,,nghaa,vnfghaa,gjhdsdfas undefeated american wrestlers pretty much always gets ruined Outside of the US when they enter world championship and such things. Only wrestling other americans is a massive sense of false security.

Wrestling is easy when you don't have to worry about eastern europeans.

You literally have zero idea what you're talking about LOL. Do some research scrub

You know that Jon Jones (a guy who didn't even wrestling at high college level) just out wrestled DC who is an extremely accomplished international wrestler right?

He was national champion at a Junior College, just like Brock Lesnar. Jones quit wrestling competitively at age 20, if he would have kept with it he may have been a more accomplished wrestler than Comier in pure wrestling.

I read a recent post in the worldwide forum that every single member of the 2008 Olympic team that is in MMA right now is undefeated, and this number makes up of most of the team.

Fedor outgrappled a two-time NCAA div 1 champion and an olympic silver medalist wrestler. That's better than Sonnen and DC.

Are you talking about middleweight Lindland, where Fedor had to grab the ropes? He also got KTFO by Olympic wrestler Henderson.

Back