1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Are UFC fans bitter towards the Paul Brothers?

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by GoofMaster93, Sep 21, 2021.

1. GoofMaster93 Blue Belt

[​IMG]

They're taking easy fights, making all the money, avoiding cte, and making the UFC look bad with it's fighter pay and locked contracts situation. It's no secret that a lot of fight fans dislike the Paul Brothers especially here on Sherdog

They've also had an indirect effect on the fighters to where the big names don't want to fight anymore because they're not getting paid and the only ones missing out is the fans. Jones, Francis, GSP, Triple C, Masvidal, Khabib, Conor, Stipe. None of them want to fight. They've all talked about boxing, fighter pay, locked contracts, etc

Even Conor has been snubbed by the Paul and they won't pay him any attention or mention him at all. The Dustin fight was his last opportunity for redemption in eyes of true fight fans and we all saw how that ended. Without jumping the gun to me it feels like the UFC has basically become a bum fighting organization where the only people who put it all on the line are "fighters" that see 10K as life changing money

Athlas likes this.
  2. Mr.Maelstrom Random Flex Belt

Who aren't they bitter towards?

3. Post 2 Decision Gold Belt

I, personally, don't give a flying fuck about the Paul brothers. I think the majority of MMA fans don't, either.

Strijfy, MCS, LetThemBleed and 6 others like this.
  4. HockeyBjj Putting on the foil

I really hate to admit that they’ve grown on me as they have the ability to call out Dana on some of his bullshit and are doing so

5. DebtCollectorMMA Brown Belt

The zero personality having roster gave birth to the Paul brothers' boxing career

Royce's Gi likes this.
  6. USA!USA! Red Belt

Yeah anyone who can see beyond the BS know that these kids are smart, and are actually calling out the folks on top for how they treat fighters. Jake made Askren and Woodley solid retirement money.

Athlas likes this.
  7. Lights Out 101 Living Deliciously

Not at all. Only casuals would think that Jake and Logan have made MMA look weak due to them not knowing the type of opponents the Paul Bros have hand picked, and who gives a fuck what casuals think?

This is actually what was exactly needed in addressing the issue of fighter pay too. Dana hates being called out on it.

8. funkjunky Purple Belt

how has conor been snubbed? JAKE IS RELENTLESSLY LOOKING FOR HIS ATTENTION. conor is snubbing them. jake shut up after tasting a punch from woodler and realises conor would take his cherry

9. koquerelle Silver Belt

I don’t care much. I think they’re doing great matchmaking. I would like to see them curbstomped, but it has nothing to do with the ufc.

Timetravel_0 likes this.
  10. Garnet_StrongerThanYou Black Belt

No.

They are giving mma veterans paydays bigger than they ever got in MMA.

11. Mr Wings Black Belt

A little. Jake is trying to make a fool out of us. But it’s so transparent at this point that I’m not too bothered anymore.

Dan Torrance likes this.
  12. Garnet_StrongerThanYou Black Belt

He’s succeeding.

GoofMaster93 likes this.
  13. Willy Knuckles Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

How can this be true when you guys have posted hundreds of threads about him on here, and typically most MMA media outlets can't make it a week without bringing him up. Even Dana talks about the kid after every event. MMA fans as a whole are very dumb

Athlas and GoofMaster93 like this.
  14. Ogata Gold Belt

Fans actually like the Paul brothers because they call out the shitty UFC pay. That is respectable and it is actually good for MMA. Regarding all the legitimacy bullshit.

Its called: Price Fighting!

Combat sports doesn't sleep, it just waits until your turn is over and then its time for the next new kid on the block.

15. Prologue in the pit

Nah... I have to admit it's a fun little freakshow with the Paul brothers.

They need to team up with Fight Circus. Jake Paul vs Bank & No Money.

<{JustBleed}>

16. ka pow Blue Belt

incels are bitter about everything

17. Dan Torrance Brown Belt

It was a lot of fun for a few months but their juice has been that there's two of them so they fought like 3 times in 6 months. If they can collectively fight 6 or 7 times a years they've got something but it's going to be hard to recreate that early magic of the matchmaking and newness of it all.

Like, I don't know who their next fight is going to be with so why the fuck should I even care?

GoofMaster93 likes this.
  18. Thepaintbucket Gold Belt

Nah it's all good fun in the end. Jake and a poor MMA fighter gets to make a little dough. The only thing I wished Paul would do in the future is fight somebody who isn't 40 years old, undersized fighter who is washed up and known for their wrestling game

19. smooth assassin Black Belt

I did until a wise man told me, “they’re just some jacked white boys, deal with it”
    And so I did

20. Kvothe_the_kingkiller Brown Belt

More like, disappointed in the masses.

Good for them for finding their payday niche. Like the inventor of the pet rock.