Are those MMA gyms like AKA,ATT,etc open to anyone?

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by BrownShadow**, Oct 19, 2010.

1. BrownShadow**

BrownShadow** Blue Belt

Was wondering about this.Is it an invitation only or can beginners sign up and train there. Also if the pros there train in the classes or do they only do 1on1 training?

2. Frode Falch

Frode Falch Gold Belt Professional Fighter

I am sure most gym are open for everyone. But the biggest high level fighter probably train in their own times

3. DrBdan

DrBdan Something clever

This is how it seems to be at Xtreme Couture in Toronto. They have classes every day for anyone but also have certain times that are pro-fighter training only.

4. neomage2021

neomage2021 Silver Belt

Jackson's is open to anyone. There is a pro class, but plenty of big name pros are around during the beginner classes and most will work with you or teach you something if you ask and they aren't busy.

ATT is also open to anyone as far as I know. I only trained there for a week when I was on vacation. I told them I was from Jackson's and wanted to train while i was down. I bought a shirt and they let me train for free a few sessions.

xtreme couture is open to anyone but it's expensive as hell and they separate the pros from the others from what I've heard

5. Lionidas

Lionidas Brown Belt

The gym I'm currently at has an MMA room for the pro/amateur fighters to train in. They usually train the same hours as everyone else.

Our Muay Thai/Boxers will also train the same times but in the ring.

6. NoLimits1987

NoLimits1987 White Belt

Also, many teams have "affiliate" gyms that bear their name and logo, but may not actually have the top fighters associated with that name training there. For instance, I train at "American Top Team, Norman" and it is open to whoever, but there aren't really any big names that train there (just a marketing ploy IMO).