Are thin bars good for anything?

MAvulture

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So my tax return should be in on wednesday, and the first thing im doing is getting a decent bar with 150 kg of disks (will buy more evetually). The question is, what should I do with my old bar? Its one of those super shitty, painfully thin bars thats so short my hands are pushing against the disks when I bench, and its getting bent as well. But I dont want to just let 200kg of disks I have bought for it collect dust, so is there anything thats better with a thinner bar? I know bench, deadlifts and squats are all better with a real bar (especially squats, wont have to wear a jacket to stop it digging into my shoulders), so what should I do with it? I dont want it to end up sad and lonely like the curl bar I got free with the bench.

You could do things such as landmine presses with it.

It's always handy to keep a second bar around. I have a couple of old ones which tend to get used for assistance work, cardio finishers, etc. Generally I'm not going to be bothered pulling the bar out of my rack for the sake of curls or whatever, but if there's a convenient backup bar right there against the wall then I'm much more likely to get that extra bit of work in. I also use an old bar shoved down through the handle of some dip bars to do flags.

Less room for the women to stray.

3602541420_6bdd4e4360.jpg

Im actually thinking of chopping it up and using it to hold disks on a home made sled now. Ill make my decision soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back