Are these the " real boxers" that Paul should be fighting

No, but I do like to point out the hypocrisy and double standards we always see in combat sports in general. I guess I just hate when people speak with emotions instead of logic.

Fair point. Boxing fans tend to be very narrow sighted.

But still. Making a thread like this, make me think you are a Paul fan.

Fair point. Boxing fans tend to be very narrow sighted.

But still. Making a thread like this, make me think you are a Paul fan.

I mean, I don't hate the kid. He looks like what a guy with 4 fights that's never gonna really be anything special in boxing should look like.

And it's not just boxing fans. It's combat sports in general. Boxing actually the most level headed compared to mma or kickboxing.

Okay then. Please enlighten me why swing your arm like a windmill from your waist and hitting with your palm is good? I'm legit asking somebody here. Got to be a secret that I just never learned, and I like to learn new shit
You're looking at a big guy facing a much shorter opponent who has him panicking, shit happens. His technique is not that bad. I coach amateur boxing. You seem to think that the video shows Sammy Scaff to be a bum when he's clearly not, and when a fighter of his equivalent ability would easily roll someone like Jake Paul and the people Jake Paul has been matched with.

It's true that boxers with backing behind them get easy opponents as they gain experience, and I think Jake Paul's level of opponents is fine actually, but you tried to make your point with a really terrible example.

I think if anyone gets caught with those shots, they should quit fighting forever. I'd get laughed out of the gym if I threw punches like that. Literally nothing right about it whatsoever
You're crazy. Post your fight vids because that's pretty high level. I mean not serious professional championship contender but that's a big man with fast hand speed and someone posted his ammy record and pro record and that's about what I expected.

Okay then. Please enlighten me why swing your arm like a windmill from your waist and hitting with your palm is good? I'm legit asking somebody here. Got to be a secret that I just never learned, and I like to learn new shit
It's called he was fighting Tyson, and everyone looks like shit vs Tyson in that era.

I mean, I don't hate the kid. He looks like what a guy with 4 fights that's never gonna really be anything special in boxing should look like.

And it's not just boxing fans. It's combat sports in general. Boxing actually the most level headed compared to mma or kickboxing.
Well when someone normally has only a few fights they aren't headlining events and acting like they are special talents. He gets held to a higher standard because he acts better than he is.

I don't really get the point of this thread. Has anyone here ever complained about an internet sideshow's level of competition in a way that they think it's relevant to boxing in a sporting sense? He's a sideshow who has found a good way to make money fighting celebrity boxing matches. It has nothing to do with high level boxing as a competitive sport.

Sammy wasn't a bad journeyman. He was in with Mike Tyson and under fire, dude. What we're seeing in those sequences is him losing his composure, panic & frustration had set in. He wasn't able to hit his far shorter, much faster, and highly slippery opponent even when his man was standing right in front of him. As a result he rushed his work in a desperate attempt to keep Mike off of him. Like @Minowafanatic said, you don't even know what you're looking at @king of theRing.

Remind me what was the cost of the PPV for that fight? How many million did Tyson make?

There's a critical error in your thinking. The difference is Jake Paul is headlining ppvs while Tyson was on the undercard or used as a showcase to solidify his position as a prospect. No one wants to pay 50-60 to see Jake Paul crush opposition that can't give him a good fight.

I'd pick Mike Jameson over Paul.
Bingo. Beating a real journeyman can that is a pro boxer is still better than beating a journeyman folk style wrestler, NBA player or YouTuber. Neither brothers have ever beaten one single boxer with a win in a professional boxing match. Jake specifically was banking on peoples overall ignorance when it comes to boxing and a noobies' ability to conflate other athletic achievements with the sweet science and the art of boxing.......it worked too!

Back