Are these new star wars movies worth a watch?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Loved the originals, the prequels are tolerable, I heard these new ones have all this feminism themes and shit.

Rogue one is the only good one. Watch that and Mandolorian. Everything else is pure garbage. TFA is tolerable, so is Solo.

Last edited:
They are tolerable, the newest movie wasn't that bad and action packed.

Rogue One was ok. TLJ was the worst thing ever put on film.

Would rather sit silently and watch a freshly painted wall dry over a 24 hour period than that tripe.

They're fine. Don't overthink them or think about them at all and you'll be fine. Like superhero movies.

The first one in the main trilogy is pretty decent. "Rogue One" is solid as well.

They're ALL still better than the prequels though. People looking back at those movies with rose tinted glasses, because they don't like these new ones, are insane. Those movies are some of the worst, most unwatchable movies in existence. These new ones ain't so hot, but shit, they're at least watchable, which is a hell of lot more than I can say for the prequels.

It’s pure downhill shit from the prequels, on down to the latest pure abortion of a trilogy.

As mentioned though, Rogue One is an exception, an excellent addendum to watch after the original trilogy. I also liked Solo, though not as much as R1, there is some good stuff in there.

The new trilogy is dogshit though. All it will do is put shitty spraypaint on your good feelings of Star Wars.

tenor.gif

No they're awful. There are Rifftrax out there for them which makes them bearable to watch if you are into that

I haven't seen a Star Wars movie since Phantom Menace. I have a feeling I'm not missing much.

Wow thats terrible lol I almost want to watch them just to see, what exactly is bad about them though? The story? Action? Acting?

They look pretty, and the first 15 minutes of TFA makes it seem like it might be good.

I didn't completely hate this last one. It has some sloppy writing, but it was passable. Barely.

They look pretty, and the first 15 minutes of TFA makes it seem like it might be good.

I didn't completely hate this last one. It has some sloppy writing, but it was passable. Barely.
What about TLJ?

The prequels were tolerable? When did this narrative get started?

Would they be entertaining enough for a 12 year old boy?

'Mandalorian' and 'Rogue One' are very good.

I can sum up the sequel trilogy in two words:

Incredibly disappointing.

Two additional words:

Wasted potential.

Back