are these good supplements for weight gain

d brooks

Black Belt
Reaction score
here are some supplement i like to use for weight gain...i like them because they are cheap and are ready made...and taste pretty good

Boost Plus

Cliff bar

do you think these supplements are half-ass....or should i stick we those two product on top of eating solid meals

I wouldnt or dont use either of those but thats just me.

I think that boost shit is full of shitty types of oils if you look at the ingredients. (sunflower, vegtable, safflower).

Some crappy stuff in there, but Im picky.

48LawsOfPower said:
I wouldnt or dont use either of those but thats just me.

I think that boost shit is full of shitty types of oils if you look at the ingredients. (sunflower, vegtable, safflower).

Some crappy stuff in there, but Im picky.
do you have any recomendations?

actually I do, a book called Hardgainers Bodybuilders Handbook helped me ALOT. I just apply it to my mma training. As long as you put some kind of cardio into your routine you should just gain lean muscle mass and not bulk. Read the book but apply it to MMA training. I was 5'11 145 and like 2 months later I am 5"11 160. I dont know your height/weight but this book helped me. I did it all through natural healthy food, bodyweight exercises, and protein powder.

here is what I do.

to figure calories body weight x 24= total calories per day
for carbs- total # of calories x 0.50
for protein total # of calories x 0.25
and for good fat - calories x0.25 divided by 9

hope that helped

thats all gram figurations BTW

48LawsOfPower said:
actually I do, a book called Hardgainers Bodybuilders Handbook helped me ALOT. I just apply it to my mma training. As long as you put some kind of cardio into your routine you should just gain lean muscle mass and not bulk. Read the book but apply it to MMA training. I was 5'11 145 and like 2 months later I am 5"11 160. I dont know your height/weight but this book helped me. I did it all through natural healthy food, bodyweight exercises, and protein powder.

here is what I do.

to figure calories body weight x 24= total calories per day
for carbs- total # of calories x 0.50
for protein total # of calories x 0.25
and for good fat - calories x0.25 divided by 9

hope that helped

thats all gram figurations BTW

thanks man

yeah...im 5'8, 145lbs

i hope to get to 160lbs

i dont have the time to make the protien shakes...but i will look into that book

thanks again

just so you know protein shakes are just milk with protein powder mixed in them (some people use water), you just use a spoon to mix them it literaly takes about 4 seconds

this is a good website

I use Optimum Nutrition Whey

http://www.bulknutrition.com/

Will Xyience make me gain weight ?

It contains 3 diff creatines, 3 diff glutamines, an 3 different NO

As far as I know creatine makes you put on a small amount of weight due to water retention in the muscles. The only thing that can truly "make" you gain weight is to take in more calories than you burn. its really a simple secret. But it is also the quality of these calories and not just the quanity. that is the dfifference between fat and lean muscle.

As for Xyience, I am not familar with the product.

Back