Are These Fighters Legends (Poll #7)

Conor and Cain will become one one day, but not at. up voted chael too for lulz

You shouldn't put contemporary fighters in the poll (especially if they are still in their prime or competing on the highest level). Doing so will only skew the results. It's hard to think of Aldo, Cain, and Jones as legends now. Once they retire or are close to it, I'm sure everyone will think of them as legends, but now it just seems weird.

Putting Conor McGregor into this discussion right now is really stupid, IMHO. He obviously hasn't done enough yet to be a future legend, but I have the feeling that he will be some day. We'll see...

I'm pretty loose with the term legend. If Cain beats Werdum I'll give it to him.

I think Cain's in the running for best HW ever, but he's going need either some big fights or a long run of dominance to be a legend in my book. Werdum would be a big fight, but I don't think it'll be quite enough yet.

Conor McGoat is beyond legend status, hes GOAT OF ALL GOATS GOD TIER

LOL. Yikes, People get worked up!! I have 9 more polls to go, and frankly, most of them won't be "legends." I put them on here because people nominated them for consideration. Anyway, of those 9 more polls, I suspect we will get at least 10 more confirmed legends.

Uno is one of the greatest LWs of all time.

Cain will go down as one of the greatest HWs.

Carlos Newton isn't necessarily a legend per se, but he was one of the first great WWs.

Chael is a legendary trash talker, but won't be remembered for much else.

Conor still has a long road ahead of him.

These threads are just becoming a joke

Of course these fighters are not legends

In the next thread should I expect Dan Hardy name in there along with Schaub, and Mccorkle

Cain has the best HW resume of all time imo, he's easily a legend.

Depending on your criteria, I could see Chael being borderline. He was a top 2 Middleweight for a while, had one of the biggest rivalries, if not the biggest of all time, in the sport, and was a pretty big draw.

The rest no, and lol at Conor even being on the list.

Regarding the poll:

Caol Uno, while highly respected for fans of earlier stages of MMA, not necessarily a legend to MMA. Just not known well enough for in-ring/cage accomplishments and not the personality that garnered much attention.

Cain - highly likely to be one in the future. I just chose no because right now, I wouldn't say he's a legend. Need to see how the rest of his career pans out.

Newton - no. Had some good, high profile fights but won few. Certainly has a memorable personality among MMA fighters.

Chael - I chose yes for reasons most people will hate. Despite the lack of major titles he got people to keep talking about him and he sold the tickets. He'll stay involved in MMA and will be talked about a long, long time.

Conor - A legend by nicknames but needs to win the titles.

No all around.

Newton was one of my favourite fighters though. Lots of awesome bouts.

Although i voted no for all of them, I came closest to a yes for him. Such a fun grappler to watch.

Cain 2 times UFC Heavyweight Champ... And is not a legend? Lol

Fedor and Nog have defeated more top opponents than Cain has total fights.

albn9.gif

None of those dudes are legends. Not to say Cain or Conor won't reach that level but as of right now nope.

Back